V2 Chap 8.5: The First Anniversary

Honami POV

Ham

Ham

Just as I made an advance, a prompt reply immediately followed before the stillness erupted once more.

Ham

Deeming it safe to break through, I leaped ahead and secured a lot of territory. My opponent reacted similarly, and eventually, we both came to blows.

...

There was nothing but quiet when we intensely stared into one another's eyes with the final one-piece smothered just in between us. I firmly gripped his ferocious arms while he held onto mine as we both searched for a chance to strike.

Our heated breaths tickled each other's faces as our lips were delicately pressed against one another. However, I didn't allow that to deter me, instead focusing intently on the objective at hand-beating Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

I reapplied pressure to his arms to try to distract him, but as expected, it was futile. Instead, I immediately capitalized on my failure and blew a large air stream through my nose.

Kiyotaka's eyes squinted slightly in response. As soon as I noticed this, I sprung forward, reached for the final piece of victory, wrapped it up, and then quickly retreated for what appeared to be a successful sneak attack.

Wow! I can't believe my attempt to surprise him actually paid off!

Just as I thought that, and started grinning triumphantly. My heart skipped a beat, as a deadly resistance arose, and victory slid from right beneath my tongue.

"Nice try."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO." I clamored on the bed as I tumbled, raking my hair distressingly. "How did I manage to throw so badly?!"

No, that's not it...

"You! How did you get so good so fast?" I screeched at the head of the problem beseechingly, as he raised his brows and continued to nimble on a brand-new poky stick, meanwhile gazing at me.

"This makes it three to two. So I win." He dodged the question.

"Tsk, whatever." I clicked my tongue and crossed my arms as I pivoted to face the other direction. I wasn't really frustrated, but it was fun to pretend so.

Coincidentally, my eyes landed on the clock, which read 8:46 PM.

It was already the afternoon of the same day; the sun had set a long time ago, and now it was dark outside. Kiyotaka and I were inside our brand-new dorm, relishing our anniversary date to the fullest.

Our date started this morning when we arrived here, unloaded our bags, and then went on a quick shopping trip for final-touch items. When we came back, that was when our date truly began.

Playing games, even sneaky ones like hide and seek and catch, was a lot of fun. They were sly because the reduced space was expected to have terrible effects. And right now, we've just concluded a round of the poky game, which I, unfortunately, lost 3-2.

Yes, I had a 2-0 lead. Kiyotaka was so horrendous! He never ate a pocky stick in his entire life! Yet, it took him just two shots to pull the rug from under me. Honestly, what am I going to do with him? 

...

No, I refuse to lose like this.

I swiveled back to look at Kiyotaka just as he was about to start speaking. He still hasn't gulped down the piece from earlier, so I still have my chance.