Horikita Suzune SS - Dread

" What do you say Horikita ? Do you accept my challenge ? "

Ayanokouji-kun's words echoed through the room, drawing the final straw of our meeting for today.

" There is no way someone in their right mind can propose a challenge like that, even for someone as good as you, Ayanokouji-kun. " I spoke up confidently, throwing my remarks at his ridiculous proposal. He closed his eyes, listening to my words as I kept jabbing him with my words. " This is a no-brainer, I wholeheartedly accept your challenge Ayanokouji-kun, I would finally be able to put you back at your place. "

There is no way I'm losing this, this situation feels so surreal that the thought of me losing feels so ridiculous

I have control over the subject which gives me the edge over him in preparations, unless he gambles on the correct subject. However, this also opens up the option to lie successfully if things won't go my way.

Presuming that Ayanokouji-kun is slightly better than me in Academics, he cannot outperform me without prior preparations. He has to beat me on all 5 subjects while I have to only win 1, to claim my victory.

He is literally playing on my own territory with every disadvantage against unforeseen enemies, while I own every advantage.

Ayanokouji-kun's academic level doesn't surpass our year as many people tend to think, he's simply good at studying at home. I confirmed it using the results of the quiz at the beginning of our first-year where he scored an 80, missing the 3 higher level questions alongside a normal one, this proves that he isn't above us, in terms of academic knowledge

Of course, this might be false and Ayanokouji-kun can solve some random university questions. However, there is no telling that those questions he know would be on the exam, so this is a very safe bet.

We shared a handshake sealing off our deal, with me acting all smugly.

I know I should be careful around Ayanokouji-kun, since he was acknowledged by Nii-san. However, it seems that this boosted Ayanokouji-kun's pride to the point where he can arrogantly make losing bets and claim that he'll win them. It is foolish of him, but I'm not the one to not capitalize on this.

If winning this bet would mean that I will finally get Nii-san's acknowledgement....

Then Game on

Timeskip :

Thud

My tablet left my hand and fell on top of the table as I felt my stomach shooting up and freezing my whole body, as dread kept pouring in every part, paralyzing me.

W-What...

The whole class was silent, Chabashira-sensei was silent, even the screen that displayed the sources of my dread was silent, the birds were silent, the noisy idiots were silent, as we all looked at the screen, shocked.

I-Impossible...

I stared at the screen in disbelief, as my shock put me in a trance. However, I quickly snapped out of it

as I started dreading over my future