V2 Chap 3 : 'This isn't over'

Kiyo POV

It's been a few hours since the announcement of the results, and now classes are back in session.

Following the announcement was Tsukishiro's call, which went pretty smoothly to say the least. Whether he bit into my fake displeasure would remain a mystery. However, it's always a good idea to concoct illusions to trick your opponent to take the wrong action.

I am well aware of my weaknesses and any exploitable blind spots, which makes it all the easier to defend against. If he believed he was able to get me by using such a mundane trick as provocation, he would be completely mistaken. But it'll remain a very conceivable option in his mind.

And as long as he has too many options, picking the right one would be the hardest course of action.

I tapped my tablet, scrolling through the next chapter as I raised my head and looked at my surroundings, mostly surveying Chabashira-sensei's movements before inconspicuously dropping my gaze back and picking up where I left off.

Of course, I was keeping up with my usual habit of Manga consumption since it was the most enjoyable method for me to spend time during those torturous classes. It's not like a teacher could hold me accountable for this, right? In fact, I somehow feel even more justified in doing so after the results this morning.

Speaking of the results, I was genuinely surprised at my classmates' reactions to them ever since I came back from Tsukishiro's office this morning. For a day that my life took a major turn, the class seemed to be pretty normal, and I wasn't subjected to as much scrutiny as I expected I would be. Of course, this obviously had to do with something Honami orchestrated.

I feel compelled to give her a reward for the amazing work she's done. I was certainly not expecting that outcome. She'll feed me the details later on to keep me updated. But for now, checking out our new dorm-room takes top priority.

The evening bell is slowly approaching, which is the time scheduled for us to check out our brand new room. Honami was so excited about it this morning, so we decided to do it as soon as possible. Our friends would also be accompanying us, which was something she welcomed with open arms

Personally, I didn't have any problems with this arrangement aside from the cheeky grins the girls gave one another. I have spent more than a year in this class and I am fully aware of what this indicates. Believe me, I learned it the hard wa-

Hmm ?

Instinctively, I abruptly cut through my reading session and lifted my head to meet Chabashira-sensei, who was momentarily staring at me from the top of the podium. Just as I caught it, she immediately averted her eyes towards her desk in a slightly awkward manner

When I said that the class was normal, I pretty much meant my classmates. I couldn't help but notice the teachers scrutinize me from time to time during the sessions. I was slowly getting agitated by it, but thankfully, the afternoon bell came to the rescue.

"Mmmmnyaaaaah~" As Chabashira-sensei left the classroom with her tail between her knees, Honami puffed up her chest and began to stretch her hands in the air while making some adorable noises. She let out a happy sigh, looked around, and then fixed her eyes on me while smiling brightly. "Ready for our little adventure~?"

I didn't vocally respond and simply nodded back at her with a smile of my own, which she seemed to reciprocate. She smiled even more widely before getting up on her feet and taking the lead, while simultaneously gripping her pockets and taking out the golden keycard while I was slowly trailing behind her.