Vol 3 Chap 1

The sounds of the seagulls flying around in the vicinity, coupled with the sheer flapping of the waves, invaded my earbuds as I kept on looking at the vast and endless sea, shining brightly under the rays of the sun.

A weak wind blew over, carrying the oceanic, salty aroma as the cruise traversed toward the endless.

It is an experience not even the simulation tools could replicate; it has a beauty of its own. I stood lucky, watching over such a magnificent view and allowing the passage of time to flow...

"...Sorry to keep you waiting, Ayanokouji-kun."

A strong wind blew over, and so did my gaze as it dawned on the petite figure entering the door to the rear area of the ship. The wind caused her to falter a little and grip strongly to her cane while holding her infamous black beret from flying out as she came near me.

"Thank you for accepting my sudden invitation; I was worried you wouldn't attend."

"Don't mention it."

She took a moment to stabilize herself on the fence and look over the ocean too.

The wind had quieted, allowing for a tranquil moment where we both looked over the fence and at the view.

This is merely a prelude to warming things up before we address the main topic.

"So." I turned to her.

"What is it that you wish to talk with me about?"

...

.

...

The Pearl Harbor is a Japanese-manufactured ship, commissioned and owned by the government. It originally served as an aircraft carrier during the Second World War but then transformed into a cruise liner intended for public transportation and tropical tourism.

It can host more than a thousand passengers with countless facilities, such as Michelin-starred restaurants, public and private pools, a 5D cinema, massage parlors, etc. It doesn't lack anything, as long as you're willing to look for it.

Its impressive design and compelling features caused it to be on many people's bucket lists, regardless of their wealth. Yet, despite this, the staff refuses to take more than fifty passengers per tour, all for the reason of trying to keep it clean and make the experience more enjoyable.

I'm not making stuff up from my mind; this is what it read on the handouts they gave us when we boarded.

This ship is heading toward the outskirts of the main Japanese land, where the Advanced Nurturing High School students will undertake their next special exam.

"We are thirty minutes away from reaching our destination; please remain on standby and wait for further instructions."

A gentle robotic voice echoed from the speaker above my head in a soft, informative pitch.

The information registered within my head as I kept gazing at the pages of a book I picked out earlier while calmly sipping a hot cup of coffee.

After I met with Sakayanagi, I was left to my own devices, so I brought a chair to a secluded corner with great air and a nice view over the ocean and idly basked. I am confident no one will find me here, which is nice.

Honami is currently with her girlfriends, roaming around the ship and wasting time while we await our turn—which is pretty much what every second and third year is doing.

While I can always go back and join her, I shouldn't stick by her all the time. I also need some alone time for myself.

Although that's a habit I've only picked up since I enrolled in this facility,