V2 Chap 6.5 : Frustration.... Evil

"...That's all for the exam's explanation. Do you have any further questions ?" After completing the lengthy explanation, I looked up from the paper and fixed my eyes on my counterpart. The moment he shook his head, I tossed the documents on top of my desk, concluding the meeting. "Alright, that wraps up everything. You're dismissed."

Takuya politely bowed his head before obeying and attempting to leave. I leaned back and reclined on top of my chair as I stared at the back of his head, feeling relaxed after sitting straight during this whole prolonged meeting. However, I sat right back up and interrupted Takuya as he was about to depart.

"Takuya." I called, seriously. As a result, he paused and turned back, his hand on top of the handle as his gaze met mine. My fingers entwined as I inquired. "I don't have much time left, as you know. Our only opportunity to complete it is now. Hence, I'm going to ask you this: Are you going to take action in this exam ?"

The weight of the question fell on the room as we stared at each other through the deafening silence, for a prolonged period of time.

"You have more than three months to prepare, and unlike your opponent, you are well informed about the exam. Someone like you shouldn't have any trouble coming up with a plan and finishing things once and for all."

I added, while maintaining my gaze on Takuya's, who remained apathetic during this whole time. Another prolonged silence erupted, until eventually, he responded.

"Maybe I will. Maybe I won't. " Takuya indifferently shrugged and prepared to leave. "But if you're wondering, I do have some sort of contingency plan. Don't count on it, though. And don't count on my assistance when you need it. "

Takuya promptly left afterwards, leaving small words of advice as he quietly stepped out of the room, leaving me alone in the room. Once again, I relaxed in my chair, basking in the silence, with a small amusement on my face.

He wants to take the glory of beating him all for himself.

I thought amusedly, while playing around with my chair. Suddenly, I came to a halt and reached over my drawer, pulling out a small photo frame I had kept and staring at it.

I really hope, from the bottom of my heart, that everything goes well for you.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

"So, how was your talk with Sae-chan~?! "

A sly-appearing Chie-sensei came out of the left hallway's corner moments after I left the faculty office, with a mischievous grin on her face, seemingly been waiting around for me to leave the faculty's office.

"I suppose it went perfectly fine." I fully turned around and moved away from the faculty office, standing beside her as her smirk expanded.

"It didn't seem that way, Mr.'I suppose' " Chie-sensei playfully commented, before moving her hands out of her back and putting them in front of her. "If that's the case, then how do you explain this~?"

Using her hands, she pulled up her skirt, exposing her slightly trembling leg before looking up at me again. I gave it a quick glance before meeting her eyes once more.

"I bet you were looking for something else~"

"No." I sharply denied, which resulted in her slightly pouting. "That wouldn't have happened if you hadn't followed me like an obsessive stalker."

"What do you meaaaan~ I'm just a sweet good mother that was worried about her son from carnivore women ! " Chie-sensei frowned, dramatically.

"Wouldn't you call yourself a 'carnivore woman' as well ?" I quipped. which made her look shocked.