V2 Chap 2 : The Reactions

3rd POV

The clock kept ticking between the 8 and 9 AM range, indicating that the morning shifts were already in action. It was working hours for the majority of the Japanese population.

Calls were placed as the automobiles beeped their horns. Children walked to school, and stores opened gradually. It was just another day. However, one particular school was surprisingly bustling with activity during those early morning hours.

It was the 23rd of April, the day of the announcement of the results for the partnering exam, when a tempest descended upon the advanced nurturing high school as a result of two certain individuals' test scores.

Every class belonging to the sophomore region and below actively discussed the results among each other, remaining flabbergasted and in disbelief. However, the most shocked were none other than the classmates of both perpetrators, whose names were broadly displayed on every screen.

Thud

Two of the staff members neatly set up a desk behind seat number 39 inside of Class 2-A, before quickly stepping out of the door and excusing themselves, filling the already silent room with more silence.

It has been this way since Ayanokouji and their homeroom instructor left the classroom and headed toward the director's office. They were unable to communicate because, immediately after, two staff members arrived to prepare the desk for the new student. Matsushita quietly made her way through the unsettling silence-the only one who appeared to be the most conscious of all of them-and then relaxed on her new desk as she waited for it to end.

"He's way bigger than I thought." Matsushita mused to herself as she gazed in awe at the results on the screen. Completely unaware of the fact that the strawberry-haired girl seated right in front of her could hear her low mumbling.

'Bigger? In what context ?!!' Ichinose thought to herself, as her brain started overloading.

Even though Matsushita did seem to be the most conscious of all of them, she was nonetheless shocked by the results and was absentmindedly staring at the screen with amazement in her eyes. Everyone else also seemed to be zoning out, either lost in thought or unable to break the tense atmosphere.

"Those questions..." In the midst of the deafening silence, a male voice suddenly rang out. Collectively, the students broke from their trances and looked towards a blue-haired boy, whose gaze was fixed on his table. "Those questions in the exam, they weren't high school level, were they ?"

The first words to be emitted in a while belong to Hamaguchi Tetsuya, one of Class A's honor students. He raised his head and looked towards his classmates, peering through his glasses and seeking an answer from them.

"They weren't, Sensei said as much."

"Then how the- How did Ayanokouji-kun manage to solve them ?" Hamaguchi asked, seemingly getting slightly worked up as he posed the question, in an amplified tone.

His inquiry, however, bore no response, as everyone seemed to be as confused as he was. Not only did they have trouble with some of the more difficult ones, they didn't understand the others at all. An honorable mention is the fact that some people tried to solve them using their current knowledge, which inevitably resulted in failure.

Even teachers would have struggled with some of these questions, so the fact that Ayanokouji managed to solve everything flawlessly and without missing a beat is quite astonishing.

One of the most common thought processes is to assume that he cheated, which is something that most people did. However, they either dismissed the thought or forced themselves to think otherwise, so they won't harbor any negative thoughts about their friend.