V1 Chap 6.5

Wednesday April 9th, 3rd day of the first preparation week for the special exam.

5:43 PM

It has been approximately 23 Hours and 30 Minutes since the moment I fell asleep yesterday, with Honami on top of my dorm's bed. It wasn't as bad as I expected, but we had to wake up pretty early due to us sleeping off our internal clock.

Currently, I was sitting inside of a Karaoke parlor, counting the clock while scrolling through some stuff on my Phone, indulging in my habit of wasting time while awaiting for a certain meeting to take place.

The person I have called out for should arrive around now. Considering their attitude, they are the type of person who refuses to be late to not hurt their pride, and refuse to show up early to not waste time. So they should be here just about..... now

.......

Hmm.... Just about... now !

.....

I curiously checked the clock on my phone to find it past the 45 dot, which is the scheduled time for our meeting. Meaning that they started to go in the negatives, in terms of being late

Huh.... Wei-

Clark

The door suddenly cracked, revealing the figure of the person slowly pushing it open and coming into sight. I checked the phone again to find it past the 46, before looking back towards them.

" You're late, it's past 46 minutes now " I flipped my phone to show it to her. However, she momentarily looked at me before ignoring me with a dismissing hum and ruffling her long black hair.

" It's not my fault when your phone's clock is not set correctly. " As she took the seat furthest away from me, she pulled out her phone, showing a number of 5:44 on the top left corner, which is lesser by two minutes than mine.

" But I have my clock in sync with the scho- "

" Anyways, why did you call me here, Ayanokouji-kun ? " She decided to cut the banter and go straight towards the chase. To which I immediately followed.

" Right, sorry for abruptly calling you here all of the sudden, Horikita. " I addressed her with an apology in advance, one which she seems to not appreciate.

" Make it quick, I need to go study " She slightly ruffled her hair while staring at me with her usual stern gaze.

" Very well. " I immediately complied, finding proficiency in quickening up this meeting. " I want to have a duel with you Horikita ? "

" A Duel ? " She slightly cocked her head in surprise while ruffling her hair, curiously parroting after me.

" Yes. I want the both of us to compete on the next special exam, to see who score the highest on one of the subjects. It's pretty much like what you've proposed to me during the colossal exam. " I elaborated, further satisfying her curiosity and giving her an expectant look. She drifted off processing my words, before looking back up.

" No thanks. " She immediately stood up after the rejection. " If it's like the last time, then I wonder what you'l- "

" This is different from the last time " I immediately cut her off, garnering her whole attention towards me. " The difference is that I'll be putting myself at a massive disadvantage "

" Huh ? " She emitted a small reaction, before I gestured towards her seat for her to sit down. To which she ignored.

" I said that we will be competing on one subject. However, that subject is an information only available to you. " I started elaborating. " In simpler terms, I wouldn't get to know which subject we're competing on, even during the exam period. You'll only reveal it during the result's day so we can settle on our competition. "

This rule puts me at a heavy disadvantage, since I would have to prepare for all 5 different subjects. However, the real disadvantage comes from the secrecy of the subject.

Since only Horikita would be aware of it, she can basically cram one subject in order to boost her marks as much as possible, while I have to cram all 5. However, this also offers her the option of lying, in the case that I beat her on the subject she chose and losing on another. She can basically claim that she has chosen the subject she beat me in

For instance, if she crammed Math but as the main subject and ended up losing, but in the other hand she manages to beat me in English, she can basically claim that she has chosen English from the start and claim her victory. So the real nature of this challenge isn't competition on one subject, but it's me outperforming her on all 5.

" You do realize that I can simply lie about subject and choose the one I won at right ? " As expected from her, it seems that she has figured it out too

" I do. This is why I proposed this challenge, to give you as much of an advantage as I possibly can. " I answered.

" You seem to be awfully confident, even with those odds. " Horikita marked.

" Those odds are high enough, I'm simply that much better. " I arrogantly stated, to which she irked her eye on. " What do you say Horikita, do you accept my challenge ? "

This deal gives her every advantage she could have over me, putting me in a pretty hopeless situation. There would be no possible way for me to beat her on all 5 when she can only win in one, we'd have pretty much the same preparation time with me having it on a larger scale. So there is no way I can win.... right ?

" There is no way someone in their right mind can propose a challenge like that, even for someone as good as you, Ayanokouji-kun. " Horikita gave me a piece of her mind, I simply closed my eyes and awaited her next words. " This is a no-brainer, I wholeheartedly accept your challenge Ayanokouji-kun, I would finally be able to put you back in your place. "

Final piece.... done.

" Very well. " I stood up and approached her, while sticking my hand out. " The rewards are pretty much like last time, the winner gets to ask anything from the loser that isn't sexually related. "

We stood in front of each other as she extended her arm too, sealing off our deal with a handshake. Her expression was smugly, while mine was apathetic.

" I will turn you into my loyal and fateful dog when I win. Are you sure you want to accept that ? " Horikita smugly asked.

" I have agreed to do anything unless it's sexual, so that's allowed I guess. " Horikita sneered, before marching towards the door while tapping on her phone, saving the recording of our meeting. When she was about to step out she abruptly stopped and looked at me

" Aren't you coming out ? " She asked.

" No, you can go ahead. I have one more meeting to attend " I took back my seat and stared back at her, while she was observing me absentmindedly. Shortly after she snapped out and took her leave.

" Anyways, see you later Ayanokouji-kun " With a short wave and a small but sinister smile, Horikita left the room as it immediately plunged back into the silence.

Such a poor soul.

I lightly shook my head with a light amused chuckle, before pulling out my phone and going back towards my old state.

2 Minutes left from 24 hours.

I was immersed in my thoughts again, wasting time with whatever.

15 Minutes later, a similar crack echoed inside the room and displayed pretty much the same scene. However, with a different person.

" Good afternoon. " The person politely stepped inside the room, unlike Horikita. After they closed the door they immediately looked at me, with a small but calm smile.

" Good afternoon....... Nanase Tsubasa "