Ch 9 | Broken

Author's POV:

Continuation of flashback

"You want me to do what?" the young cop gapes at Seokjin. "And for how much?"

"I'm essentially hiring you as a bodyguard for [Y/N]. I'll pay you double market value," Jin says to him as he stands up from his hospital bed. "I know you want to be a detective so you can work part time with the police force and I will gladly pay for your education. My only request is that [Y/N] is protected at all times between you and your sister."

"W-wow," Officer Jang stutters. "Wait...my sister lives in Ansan. How can we both protect her when she doesn't live close enough?"

"You both will be moved into a new apartment building in Seoul," Jin smiles warmly.

Tears well in the young man's eyes as he processes what's happening.

The Jang siblings did not have an easy upbringing. Their mother was murdered when they were young and they were raised by their alcoholic father right up until Sena was old enough to move them out.

They've had to struggle almost their entire lives. In order to pay for her brother's education, Sena ended up taking a job out in Ansan with a higher salary, but she's been desperate to move back. She hates being away from her only meaningful relative.

"I have to get going now but Namjoon is going to help you get everything sorted out, okay Officer Jang?" Jin says to the wobbly man.

"T-thank you," he finally chokes out. "And you can call me Dal."

"That's our line, Dal," Jin grins as he grips his shoulder. "Thank you for protecting [Y/N]. Half the reason I'm willing to pay for your education on top of everything else is because you clearly have a good eye."

"Exactly," Taehyung flashes his boxy smile. "We're the ones who should be thanking you. You saved us."

"Well, well, well," they hear a sarcastic voice from the door. "If it isn't the Bangtan Morons." Jin whips around to see a tall redhead standing in the door frame with a tight smile. She's in a cream sweater dress but the four inch heels she has on makes her just a hair taller than Namjoon. Her sleek, silky red hair extends past her shoulders and the look in her eyes makes everyone shift.

"Are you Ana?" Jin asks her, beginning to get nervous. He knows Ana is your person and that she probably despises him for how much he made you suffer.

"I am," she grins, flipping her crimson hair over her shoulder as she struts to the cluster of men. Jin looks around and Dal, Namjoon, and Taehyung all seem to be starstruck by her beauty.

"I'm-"

"Jin, Taehyung, and Namjoon," Ana smirks. "But I don't know who this cutie is."

"U-um..." he blushes. "I'm Dal. I'm [Y/N]'s new bodyguard."
[A/N: I forgot Ana already met Dal at the police station just pretend that didn't happen :) pls & thx]

"Ah, so this is part one of the sibling duo you told me about on the phone," she smiles back towards Jin, but he can tell the smile isn't very genuine.

"It is," he nods. "Sena is his sister who you'll be living next door to."

"Perfect," she giggles before turning towards Taehyung. "Now before we move any further I just want to clear something up."

Jin nods for her to continue.

The air gets a little chilly as the happy facade drops from Ana's face. She steps towards Taehyung and he barely has time to react before Ana's palm slaps against his cheek, hard, causing a loud pop to echo through the room.