Ch 108 | Afterlife

Y/N's POV:

"Hey babe."

You turn around to find Dal standing in his usual all-black attire; a loose black t-shirt, black joggers, and he's got a black baseball cap on top. Looking around, you notice he's in your home you shared with Granny Soo-ah. You're standing in the frame of your front door while Dal's just a few feet inside the entryway.

"Hey," you smile warmly. You move to take a step towards him but he extends his arm in the air to stop you. Your eyes lock with his and you know something's wrong. "What?" you ask. "I can't come inside with you?"

"You can't," he shakes his head, and your throat immediately tightens. "You don't belong here yet."

"What do you mean? I go wherever you go." You cross your arms over your chest and eye him up and down. "Hell, I jumped in a kidnapper's van with you."

"That's true," he chuckles, putting his arm back down. There's something about the look in his eyes that's making you panic. His body is relaxed as he casually stuffs his hands into his pockets, but you know he's not calm. You know him better than you know yourself.

Signals are firing off in your brain and body, screaming at you that something is very wrong. It feels as if every inch of you is trembling, but when you look down at your feet, you're completely still. Glancing back up, you see one tear fall down Dal's cheek.

"You need to walk away from this house."

Your heart sinks at the thought of leaving him in here but you're not sure why. This is your home. It's a safe place. There's no reason for you to be this uncomfortable about him being here alone. Hell, this is the first place you met him.

How did I meet him again? you ask yourself, but you can't seem to remember.

"Why?" you pout. "Why do I need to walk away? This is my home."

"This isn't your home anymore."

Time stands still as your eyes widen. Dal glances down at the floor in front of him and your gaze follows his, making you gasp at the sight.

"Is that blood?" you gape, staring down at the pool of red liquid sitting in your entryway.

"It is," he nods, keeping his hands in his pockets. "Do you remember whose blood that is?"

You blink at the massive pool of blood seeping into your wood floors. After a few seconds you
kneel down and that's when the memories of someone bleeding out onto your floor rush through. You're crouched down in a similar position to when you had your thumbs pressed into someone's leg.

"Seokjin," you say shakily, still keeping your eyes on the glossy crimson red. "He was bleeding. But he's okay."

"He is," Dal grins, making you look back up at him. "And you are too. He's waiting for you."

The thought of Seokjin waiting for you should make your heart flutter, but right now it's only making you feel uneasy. Your skin is becoming clammy and it's starting to feel hot, like you have a fever.

"Let's go see him together," you say, but another tear rolls down Dal's cheek as he shakes his head no.

"I can't go with you."

"Why not?" you ask angrily, standing back up to your feet. "You always go where I go."

"I'll always be wherever you are," he smiles, but the look in his eyes shatters you, and tears are falling down your face now too.

"Why do you make it sound like you're dea-"

That's when everything hits you. Seokjin, Ma-Ri, Sung-ho, Ji-Ho, the trial, and finally, the accident.