Ch 11 | Affection

Author's POV:

A flash of light streaks across Jin's face, ripping him from his deep sleep and making him groan. His eyes slowly flutter open to see a different movie now playing from his projector; it must've auto started the next movie on the list.

Jin begins to move but freezes in place when he feels a weight against his shoulder. He slowly looks down to see the top of your head and your cute little nose resting against him. He remains still until he hears your calm breathing, letting him know you're still asleep.

Slowly and carefully, Jin shimmies himself down just the tiniest bit so he can take a look at you. His heart aches when his eyes travel over each cut on your delicate skin, and his anger rises when he sees all the bruising and swelling still present.

His sadness and anger continue coursing through him when his eyes travel over your arms and legs, also covered in welts and bruises and scars.

Jin lets out a long sigh and relaxes back into his recliner, knowing there's no point in being angry at 3 in the morning. He stares up at the ceiling and begins to think about Ma-Ri against his will.

He's still gutted about her being able to do that to him. Yes, he was breaking things off with her, but Jin had always remained faithful and good to her for the three years they were together. It's not like she'd caught him cheating and tried to stab him in a fit of rage. She simply snapped when she thought she was losing him. She's so selfish she'd rather he die than be happy with someone else. The thought of Ma-Ri being capable of something so heinous makes his stomach turn over.

Jin knows he's not going to be able to sleep so he changes the tv to a sitcom he's been loving lately. One of the perks of waking up from a coma is having more episodes of his shows to watch.

Jin successfully gets lost in the tv show for about thirty minutes before he feels you shift against him. Looking down it seems like you're still asleep and just nestling yourself more into him. His eyes return to the screen for a few minutes until he hears a low mumble.

He glances down at you again but he can't see your face anymore, he can only see the top of your head since you shifted. After waiting a few seconds and he doesn't feel or hear anything his eyes move back to the show.

"No," he hears you whisper, and he can feel you gripping his shirt.

"[Y/N]?" he says quietly. "Are you awake?"

"No," you say with a little more clarity in your voice.

"You're not?" he snorts. "Then how're you-"

"No!" you yell as your voice cracks, gripping Jin's shirt so tightly it's about to rip. He feels your body beginning to shake as muffled sobs escape your chest.

Jin quickly sits up and your head falls to his lap as you drag his shirt with you. "Please stop," you choke out with your eyes still closed.

"[Y/N]," he says shakily, beginning to realize you're probably having a nightmare. "Wake up, you're okay."

He's not sure if he should touch you or not. He doesn't have much experience with nightmares or panic attacks so he's worried that putting his hands on you will make it worse.

Your chest begins to heave and he can hear your airflow being constructed. "Don't... hit m-me anymore," you say so quietly Jin can hardly make it out.

"[Y/N]," he says with a little more confidence in his voice. "You're safe. No one is going to hit you again."

Jin slowly moves his trembling hand to grip your shoulder. He's relieved to see it doesn't make anything worse until you really begin to hyperventilate.