Ch 57 | Straight Laced

Author's POV:

Tears stream over Hoseok's cheeks as he looks down at the sleeping Dal. All he's done the last three hours is hate himself.

Hate himself for ignoring him, for shamelessly flirting in front of him, for rejecting him like a coward. Hoseok's last relationship was three years ago and it's been so long since he's felt this strongly for someone it made him panic. He's terrified of getting hurt again but now he knows there's something much more terrifying than getting hurt.

Losing Dal without ever telling him how he feels.

He knows Sena isn't aware of her brother's sexuality and it's taking him everything he has not to press his lips to Dal's. They shared multiple kisses before Hoseok started pushing him away like an idiot. More warm tears spill over his lashes as he grips the bed frame so tightly his skin is white.

Hoseok's breath gets caught in his lungs as Dal's eyelids start to flutter.

"Oh my god," he says shakily. "He's waking up."

Seokjin runs to get the nurses as Dal's eyes slowly open up, groggily staring up towards the ceiling tiles.

"Dal?" Sena says shakily, trying to be patient as he blinks a few times. Hoseok's stomach is in knots, unsure of what his reaction will be when he sees him.

Unfortunately, things with Hoseok are the last thing on his mind as a bloodcurdling scream rips from Dal's throat, startling everyone in the room. Sena and Hoseok almost crawl out of their skin as Dal shoots up from his hospital bed, clawing at the IVs in his arms.

"Get it off!!" he shouts, hot tears pouring down his cheeks. Sena shakily reaches for his hand but he slaps it away. "Don't fucking touch me!"

It feels as if the floor beneath Sena and Hoseok has been ripped from beneath them, their bodies frozen in absolute shock. The normally calm and stoic man before them is now trembling in fear, cries of pain echoing through the hospital room.

Dal can't see or hear anything other than the sickening sound of Henry's throat being sliced open. The sounds the blood made as it gushed from his flesh wound. The way he choked and fell to his knees, unable to breath or speak. It reminds him of something he's been desperate to forget.

After yanking all the wires off of him he tries getting out of the bed but falls to the ground, slamming into the white tile beneath him.

"D-Dal," Sena chokes out, falling to her knees beside him. "Dal what's wrong?"

The medical team rushes over to him but Dal screams out again, pushing everyone off of him. Seokjin jumps into the hospital bed with you, pulling your head to his chest and covering your other ear with his hand. He can't let you wake up, not until Eunji gets here.

Dal continues sobbing and shrieking on the floor next to you, and Seokjin panics as your eyes start to flutter. No one's able to control Dal, he's too manic and strong, the fear and adrenaline coursing through him making him even more volatile.

"No," Jin says shakily. "Nurse. She's waking up. She can't wake up."

One of them runs over and pulls out a syringe, immediately injecting it into your IV line. The blood leaves Jin's face as your eyes open up and look at him, but it's not a good sign when your breathing starts becoming erratic. Soekjin's trying to keep your ears covered but the commotion is too loud.

"It's okay, Bug," he whispers, keeping his eyes locked with yours. "You're okay."

"S-Seokjin," you croak out. "B-blood. T-there was s-so much."