Ch 82 | Paralyzed

Y/N's POV:

Both of your jaws almost come unhinged when you hit the link Dal sent.

Breaking News: Chang Ma-Ri finally speaks out — claims self-defense against Kim Seokjin

Chang Ma-Ri, the ex fiancé of Kim Seokjin who's been at large for over six months, has finally made a statement about the incident. See the video below.

You shakily select the video and your eyes almost pop out of your head when Ma-Ri and Sung-ho's faces appear on the screen. Her hair is now light brown and a little longer than before, and she's dressed in a simple white t-shirt and black jeans. Sung-ho has his hair pushed back, wearing a maroon button up tucked into denim jeans. They're both sitting on brown wooden stools in front of a camera.

"My name is Chang Ma-Ri, and I'm here to tell everyone the truth."

Just the sound of her voice makes Seokjin nauseous.

"Around eight months ago, I stabbed Seokjin and almost ended his life, but I was only doing what I had to survive." You feel Jin's shoulders tense up as she lies through her teeth. "I finally have enough courage to speak up about how he abused me for years."

"Excuse me?" you scoff, absolutely floored by what you're hearing.

"Kim Seokjin is not the man you think he is," she continues, and the angry look in her eyes makes you want to throw up. "He's a monster behind closed doors and would hit me for even the smallest mistake. The night of the incident I was fearing for my life, and [Y/N], his current girlfriend, misunderstood the situation and jumped in to protect him."

"This bitch must be out of her mind," you gape. Seokjin's still silent behind you, watching in shock.

"There's a lot of people who won't believe me, but I do have proof," she says, making your skin crawl. A picture appears of her with bruise marks around her neck similar to the ones you have right now. There's a few others where she has red cheeks as if she'd been slapped, and they're even time stamped. "He was very violent, especially in the bedroom."

Your food threatens to come back up as fake tears form in her eyes. "Next to me is Kim Sung-ho, Seokjin's older brother. He knows I'm telling the truth because he saw the marks on my body."

"What she's saying is correct," Sung-ho nods. Seokjin begins to tremble behind you and you pause the video to set your wine down.

"Are you okay?" you ask, turning to look at him which absolutely breaks your heart. Tears are slowly falling down his cheeks as he stares at the phone.

"I'm fine," he says shakily. "Keep going."

You hesitate for a few seconds but eventually hit play.

"I saw the marks myself," Sung-ho continues. "It was hard for her to open up about them, but everything began making sense once she finally admitted it."

"I know many of you will wonder why I stayed with Seokjin for so long if he was hurting me," Ma-Ri says, a single tear rolling down her cheek. "All survivors will understand. I loved him. Every time he hurt me he would apologize and I'd believe him like an idiot. But I'd finally had enough and was breaking things off the night of the stabbing."

Tears are falling down your face now too, and you're both completely speechless. All you can do is gape at the screen. Seokjin's phone is blowing up right now but he's only focused on yours.

"He'd had a few drinks and got really angry when I told him I needed a break. I'd bought a small blade to protect myself from strangers, and I pulled it out as he lunged at me. I went for the leg because I didn't want to kill him. I didn't think it would hit his artery."