Ch 88 | Starstruck

Author's POV:

3 hours earlier

"Aren't you a defense attorney?" Namjoon asks Ji-Ho from across the table. "Jin-hyung's technically on the offense. He's pressing charges against her for stabbing him, so doesn't he need a prosecutor?"

"Technically he's on the offense," Ji-Ho says, taking a sip of his tea. "But once Ma-Ri came out with the abuse allegations he was put on the defense as well. I'm not as confident in my ability to prosecute, and that's the only reason I didn't offer help earlier. Now that Ma-Ri's admitted to the crime, once Jin successfully defends himself against these allegations, he automatically wins the case."

"Ah," Yoongi and Namjoon nod. They came over about ten minutes ago along with Dal and they're all sitting around Jin's breakfast table. Mr. Song left a few minutes ago to talk to the other members.

"How the hell do you have a higher success rate than my lawyers?" Seokjin asks, making Ji-Ho shoot him a glare. "No, I don't mean it like I think you're stupid." Jin shakes his head and crosses his arms over his chest. "I'm just a bit baffled. If I didn't dislike you I'd say I'm impressed. Our lawyers are the best of the best."

"The key to success is staying level headed, reading into every small detail, and always being one step ahead," he smirks, leaning back in his seat. "But I won't lie, being good looking is a big part of it too."

The whole table looks at him like he's an arrogant prick. Which he kind of is, but maybe not to this extent.

"You guys should know this the best," Ji-Ho chuckles, finding their reaction amusing. "Beautiful people are almost of a higher class in this country. You get treated differently based on your appearance."

"Unfortunately that makes a lot of sense," Namjoon sighs, running his hand through his dirty blonde hair. "We experienced that daily back when we first debuted."

"Exactly," Ji-Ho nods, taking another sip of his drink. "Putting effort into my looks is literally part of my job. I'm taken more seriously and seem more intelligent when I'm physically appealing to the jury. I don't particularly agree it should be that way, but I'm going to use it to my advantage since it exists."

"How about we just get you naked and oiled up for a performance?" Yoongi jokes, causing the whole table to snort. "Make an objection and then do a body roll."

"Maybe I'll have to try it out," Ji-Ho laughs, throwing his head back.

"8 months ago you couldn't represent [Y/N] because of your ex wife," Seokjin says. "What changed? You're technically representing me but you're also helping her."

"I'm not sleeping with [Y/N] anymore," he snorts, making Jin grimace. "So now she doesn't care."

"Is your ex still in love with you?" Dal asks.

"No," Ji-Ho sighs. "I don't think she was ever in love with me. She's just controlling and manipulative and it pisses her off when she doesn't have control over something."

"Are you dating anyone now?"

Ji-Ho chokes on his drink, splattering green tea on Dal's sleeve. "Jesus," he chuckles, wiping himself off. "Sorry I asked."

Ji-Ho coughs for a few seconds before catching his breath. "I am dating someone but it's early," he says casually, quickly changing the subject. "But for right now let's talk about our strategy today."

Seokjin feels like shit but he can't lie, he does feel better having someone like Ji-Ho representing him. He'd never say it out loud, but there's something about his confidence that puts him at ease. And since you trust him, he's going to trust him too.