Ch 114 | Privacy

Y/N's POV:

"Are you really okay with this?"

You pause with your coffee cup midway up to your mouth as you look over at Mr. Kim.

"What do you mean?" you ask, setting your drink back down.

"That," he says, nudging his head towards Seokjin.  He's sitting on the edge of Sung-ho's hospital bed, chatting with his mother who's on a loveseat on the other side.

"Ah," you frown, looking back down at the table. Seokjin had his brother moved into an executive suite for more privacy since he was originally placed in a shared room.

It's been about two hours since his operation and he's come in and out of consciousness a few times but hasn't been able to speak much. Cops have been stationed outside the room and Sung-ho's left wrist is currently handcuffed to his bed. He technically hasn't been found guilty or accepted any deals yet but he's supposed to be under house arrest, so legally there has to be police on him 24/7 if he's not with Ma-Ri's parents.

"I'm okay," you smile softly, and you watch as Mr. Kim's eyes get watery again. He hasn't been able to look at Sung-ho yet. He's been sitting in the corner with you at a small table on the other side of the room ever since walking in. Seokjin has moved back and forth between Sung-ho's bed and the table, but it's definitely a little awkward.

Mr. Kim has every right to be disappointed and angry with his son, and both Seokjin and Mrs. Kim respect him not wanting to be around him. He's only here for you and Seokjin, he's made that very clear.

"Even after all he's done to you?" he asks. "To Seokjin?" His voice is angry but the anger isn't directed at you, he's just frustrated in general.

"I'm not forgiving him," you chuckle, shaking your head. "Neither is Seokjin. But the alternative is going home and trying to pretend none of this happened, which seems like it would be just as miserable if not worse than being here. I'm also a bit curious to see what he'll be like when he wakes up."

"What do you mean?"

"Sung-ho finally gave me a genuine apology," you say, taking a sip of your iced mocha. "It's possible it was just lip service but that was a big deal for me. He also made sure his child would be placed in your care because he wants the best for him or her. And then he also sacrificed himself to save Seokjin earlier." A tear rolls down his cheek and you cup your hand over his. "I want to see his actions and mindset moving forward. Not for his sake, but for mine and Seokjin's."

"Am I a bad father?" he whispers, trying to hide the trembling in his voice. "Should I be as understanding as you are?"

"You're a great father," you chuckle. "You're not this angry with Sung-ho because you hate him, you're this angry with Sung-ho because you love him. And you love Seokjin too. You're furious that he was able to hurt his own brother like that, but I think more than anything you're disappointed."

"I am. I'm not just disappointed, I'm disgusted. Out of everything, I think I'm struggling the most over him sleeping with his brother's fiancé. I did not raise him that way."

"I'm not excusing his behavior in any way, but Ma-Ri did an incredible job of making it seem like Seokjin was the one cheating," you sigh, leaning back in your chair. "Sung-ho still shouldn't have done it. He should've known his brother better than that. But I think it's made a huge difference in Seokjin's eyes."

His lip quivers as he pinches the bridge between his eyes, trying to force back more tears. "I don't know what to do."

"You don't have to do anything right now," you say softly. "Feel free to copy my approach. I'm not going near Sung-ho, I'm sitting over here with you. I'm not forgiving him nor will I be friendly with him when he wakes up. But I know Seokjin is just doing his best right now. And he feels like this is where he needs to be, as long as I'm okay with it. I know Mom feels the same way. She's not as okay as she looks, and you know that better than anyone else."