Ch 67 | Small Kisses

Y/N's POV:

The smell of sugar and banana fills the kitchen and lifts your spirits, actually making your upset stomach growl a little.

"Are you guys okay now?" Dal asks through your headphones.

"We're okay," you smile softly, slipping on your oven mitt. "We still have some stuff to work through but we'll get through it."

"Atta girl," he chuckles. "Will I see you tonight?"

"We'll be there," you answer, pulling out the muffins and setting them onto the counter. "Jin wouldn't miss their birthday party even if he's a depressed potato." It's currently early March and today is Yoongi and Hoseok's joint birthday dinner.

"Good to hear. Let me know if you need anything, okay?"

"You know I will."

You hang up and shut off the oven before grabbing some waters. It's around 10am and Seokjin is still knocked out, which is highly unusual for him, so you decided to make breakfast while you wait. He's usually the one who cooks but you wanted to do something nice for him since he'll probably still be upset when he wakes up.

You've been up since 8am and called Ana and Sena to tell them what happened. Of course they tried to come over but you asked them not to. Today you want to focus on Seokjin until tonight's dinner.

After plating the muffins, you take everything upstairs to find Seokjin still passed out in his usual starfish form but on his stomach. The swollen skin around his eyes makes your stomach sink, but at the same time, it reminds you of how incredible last night was.

Words can't even describe how intensely and passionately he made love to you last night, making you feel more loved and safe than you've ever felt in your life. Yes, your heart is still heavy from his words but you know he didn't mean them. You're sure you two will overcome this just like you've overcome everything else.

You crawl back onto your side of the bed and set the muffins on your side table before turning the tv on with the volume low. Glancing over you see Seokjin still snoring peacefully so you start nibbling on a muffin and immersing yourself into a Ghibli movie.

About thirty minutes into Spirited Away you hear a groan and the slug next to you starts inching towards you. His eyes stay closed but he successfully rests his head in your lap with his arm thrown over to your other side.

"Good morning sunshine," you giggle, running your hand through his soft black hair.

"Mornin'," he grumbles, only half awake. He seems to fall back asleep for another few minutes before his eyes start to flutter open. You continue to smooth your hand over his hair as he takes a big deep breath in, squeezing his arm around your waist tighter. From this angle he's able to see the tv and you two watch in silence for a bit until he finally finds the energy to sit up.

"Are you hungry?" you ask him.

"Yeah," he nods sluggishly, "I'll go make us something."

"Here," you smile, handing him a muffin. "It's not a real breakfast but I got bored and made these."

He blinks in confusion, shifting his eyes between the muffin and your face before a look of guilt washes over him. "You could've woken me up if you were hungry," he says quietly.

"First of all," you snort, shoving the muffin in his hand. "I wasn't hungry, I was bored. Second of all, you don't have to cook or pay for every meal. They're just simple banana muffins, I didn't work very hard on them."

He glances over at the clock and his eyes widen when he sees it's already 10:30am.

"And before you apologize for sleeping so long," you sigh, putting your hand up to stop him, "I'm glad you were able to get some sleep. I've just been lazing around making muffins and watching a movie. It's been kinda nice."