Ch 20 | Every Detail

Y/N's POV:

"Wow, word travels fast," you giggle, scrolling through Jin's phone. Jimin had sent him some screenshots of your kiss as you were driving around to look at lights and you two are finally on your way back home.

You can't really even say you looked at Christmas lights because every chance Jin got, he was grabbing your face to kiss you again. Not that you're complaining though, you're just as addicted to his lips as he is to yours.

Looks like it's about to happen again as he pulls up to a red light.

"Come here," he says softly, cupping your cheek and pressing his lips to yours. Your eyes flutter closed and you feel like you're walking on water. Butterflies shoot through your stomach as he gently runs his tongue across your bottom lip.

He pulls back with a grin right as the light turns green and he continues driving.

Your nosy ass scrolls through more of the photos Jimin sent and your brows shoot up when another text comes through.

Jimin:
JK's having dinner with
Jin Ae 🤢 I still don't like
her. Being drunk wasn't a
good enough excuse for
making out with you.

Your blood runs cold as you read that last sentence. Jin mentioned that Jungkook's girlfriend cheated on him but he conveniently left out who she cheated on him with.

"You have a text," you say quietly, handing Jin his phone back and looking out the passenger window.

"Thanks, Bug, I-"

You're not looking but his eyes probably just popped out of his head before glancing over at you. You keep your body turned away from him and continue to stare outside at nothing, trying to calm yourself down as fear and panic come creeping in.

He'd said the cheating happened two weeks before his stabbing, so you know he didn't do anything behind your back, but the thought of him keeping secrets from you makes your stomach turn.

Luckily you didn't eat much for dinner because you know it would be coming back up if you had.

Breathe, [Y/N], it's okay, you say in an attempt to self soothe.

You hear his blinker and watch Jin pull over to the side, putting the car in park. Your palms are sweating and your breathing is starting to get a little unstable as you try to keep the budding panic attack at bay.

"Bug," he says softly, but you keep looking out the window. Your chest is so tight and your throat is closing up, making tears brim in your eyes.

"Bug," he says again, "please talk to me."

"You tell me to open up and rely on you, yet you're the one keeping secrets," you say shakily before biting into your lip.

You knew he seemed off and uncomfortable about the subject when you asked earlier, but you never imagined it was because of this. There is probably some sort of explanation as to how Jin ended up making out with Jungkook's girlfriend since they don't hate each other, but that's not what you're upset about. You're upset that he purposefully kept this information from you. And you're upset that he potentially cheated on his fiancé.

"I'm sorry," he says nervously, and you can picture the panic on his face. "I was going to tell you, I just didn't want to make anything weird before our date."

"That's a pretty convenient excuse," you say spitefully, making you feel even worse. "Would you have even told me if you hadn't gotten caught just now?"

Regardless of how clear and calm your mental state is, you have very intense physical reactions to stress, fear, and sadness. Your therapist told you it's because your mind and your nerves aren't healing at the same rate. Going through something as traumatic as you did damages your nervous system; in order to survive, your body is quick to put itself in fight or flight mode, even if your mind is okay.