Ch 85 | Nothingness

Y/N's POV:

Your hand smooths over the front of your cobalt blue blouse, which at this point is just in an attempt to calm your nerves because there's not a single wrinkle in sight. Sena and Ana got you all dressed up and you look amazing, but not so good it looks like you're trying too hard.

Your blouse is paired with white jeans and charcoal booties, and your hair is up in a messy yet classy bun. It's now early April so you've got on a light jacket and scarf as well. Ana did your makeup and it's just simple foundation and natural eye makeup, but she made sure everything was waterproof because you'll definitely cry at some point today. The only thing making you look slightly differently than normal is the sharp eyeliner Ana put on you, making your eyes a little more fierce.

"You doing okay?" Ana asks, gently smoothing her hand over your back.

"I'm so nervous I might throw up," you say shakily, placing your hand over your chest and taking a few deep breaths. "Seokjin's always been the one doing the talking in front of crowds."

"Come on," Sena smiles, taking your hand in hers. "Let's go meet them down in the lobby."

You take her hand and nod, letting her lead you out the front door of her apartment. The three of you are met with Dal waiting to usher you down to the elevators. He's your main escort today, looking incredible dressed in a classy suit with his hair slicked back and an earpiece in.

"Hey babe," he says warmly, wrapping you into his arms. He keeps the hug short, knowing you'll probably cry if he holds you for too long. "I'm not going to ask how you're doing. Just go out there and crush it like I know you can."

"Okay," you grin, taking his hand as the elevator door opens. Just having skin to skin contact with Dal puts your heart at ease. You're also with your two closest girlfriends who have your back no matter what.

Once the elevator shaft makes it to the main lobby, the doors open and you're met with an almost entirely empty foyer except for a group of people near the entryway. Dal leads you to the others and your breath hitches when Seokjin turns around to look at you. He's in a couple outfit with you, wearing a cobalt blue dress shirt tucked into white slacks, and a light black jacket on top. His hair is loosely falling over his forehead, looking extra poofy and curly.

"Why do you look so adorable?" you gape. He has almost no makeup on and looks similar to how he did in his vlive the other day when he played that insanely frustrating video game in his pajamas for three hours straight.

His ears flush a light pink and he looks down at his shoes. This anxious and quiet Seokjin might send you into cardiac arrest.

"Jin will be showing his nervous and vulnerable side today," Namjoon says, looking hot as fuck standing next to him. Yoongi is also next to him, both of them dressed in black button ups and black slacks. Mr. Song, Taehyung, and Jungkook are also here, but only a few of you will actually go outside where the crowd is.

"Luckily that's just how he is today so he doesn't have to do much acting," Ji-Ho chuckles, looking down at his watch. "We have a few minutes, [Y/N], let's go over what you'll talk about." Sena gave you a small rundown but said Ji-Ho would be able to explain it better.

"Okay," you nod, squeezing Dal's hand.

"So as you can see, Jin won't be doing much talking," he says. "It'll mostly be you, and Namjoon will talk a little as well." You nod again, waiting for him to continue. "Jin can't come across too angry and defensive or it looks suspicious to the public."

"Even though he has every right to be angry and defensive?" Ana asks with a brow raised.

"Unfortunately his feelings don't matter right now," Ji-Ho shakes his head. "It's all about public perception. It can come across as gaslighting."