Ch 65 | Anywhere

Y/N's POV:

"He said it's because they're in love."

You feel Seokjin stiffen next to you, squeezing onto your shoulder tighter. "W-what did you just say?" he asks shakily. "Who's in love with who?"

You keep your eyes down, too nervous to look at his face. It was actually Ana who'd brought up the idea to you that Sung-ho is in love with Ma-Ri. You didn't want to say anything to Seokjin because it was just a theory, but things wouldn't make sense otherwise. The only reason Sung-ho would turn on his brother like this is if he's in love.

"That was our reaction too," Mr. Kim frowns, wrapping his arm around his wife. A few tears escape her eyes as she looks down at the table. "To think Sung-ho would fall for your attacker is something we haven't been able to come to terms with yet."

The air is still for a moment and you continue looking down. Your stomach is in knots and your chest is tight, but you're calm. A little too calm for Seokjin's comfort.

"Why do you not seem surprised?" he asks you, his eyes burning into the side of your face.

The food you had earlier is threatening to come back up as you scramble to find the right words. "I-I mean it kind of makes sense," you say quietly, still avoiding his eyes. "He had to have been blinded by something, and love is usually the answer."

"You knew he was in love with Ma-Ri?" he asks, a little more irritation in his voice.

"Seokjin," you say sternly, turning to look at him. "I didn't know any-"

Your breath hitches when you see the gut wrenching pain and anger on his face. His normally soft and confident eyes are filled with hurt and betrayal, making your throat tighten and your heart ache. You know this news is already devastating him, which is why you never wanted to speak about it.

"You should've told me," he grits through his teeth.

"Baby," you say a little softer, setting your hand on his thigh. "I didn't know anything. It was just a theory and I was hoping I was wrong."

"So you thought keeping me in the dark was the answer?" he glares, making you shift in your seat.

"Seokjin," his father says, sitting up a little straighter. "Stop acting like this is [Y/N]'s fault."

"She's supposed to be my girlfriend, not my mother," he responds angrily. "She doesn't need to hide things from me or protect me."

"Seokjin," you frown, turning to face him more. "I had nothing to back it up with besides my gut. There would've been no point in putting that idea in your head."

"It's not that hard to communicate with me," he says, the hurt in his voice making your stomach turn over. Your eyes search his face and you can see his heart breaking all over again. He's not angry at you, he's just lashing out and you know it because you've done it to him many times.

He pulls his arm away and places his elbows on the table, lacing his fingers together to cover his nose and mouth. Tears are brimming in his eyes and you can see he's spiraling. He's the last person that deserves to be hurting like this.

"I think we might head out," you say to Mrs. Kim who still has a few tears falling down her face. "I'm sorry, maybe we could have a kimchi stew date soon."

"It's no problem, honey," she smiles weakly. "We knew this would be hard for him to hear." You flinch as Seokjin stands up from the table and starts walking towards the exit.

"Go ahead," Mr. Kim says warmly. "Please make sure he's okay."

"Thank you," you smile, giving Mrs. Kim a hug before grabbing your purse and running after Seokjin. Before he can walk out the door you grip his wrist. "Let me grab the car," you say to him, putting his sunglasses on him even though it's dark out. He's still trying not to cry, his hands are balled into fists and his breathing is a little erratic. He shouldn't be speaking to anyone in this state, especially not with cameras around.