Ch 63 | Uneasy

Y/N's POV:

"My bed," you groan, flopping yourself onto the mattress. "Oh thank god."

"Is this your bed now?" Seokjin asks playfully, setting his bag down on his dresser.

"What was that you said?" you grin. "Everything you have is mine?"

"Yes, I did say that, but you were fucking the life out of me so I'd have said anything to you," he chuckles, moving to sit down next to you on his bed. "But the statement does still stand." He cradles the back of your neck before gently pressing his plump lips against yours, making your heart squeeze and your eyes flutter closed. "What's mine is yours, Bug."

He tenderly runs his hand through your hair, his eyes traveling all over your face with a small smile. You were startled awake this morning from a pretty bad nightmare and it took Seokjin a good ten minutes to calm you down, holding you against his chest as you clung to him and sobbed.

The violence isn't what's bothering you because you're used to that. It's the fact that someone died right in front of you, which is not something you'd ever experienced. It's actually triggering your abandonment issues, because it reminded you all over again just how precious life is, and how quickly it can be taken away. Your dream was the exact situation you were in with Dal, every detail so accurate and vivid, from the white furniture to the heinous look in Jin Ae's eyes, and even the rancid smell of blood in the air. The only difference was that it wasn't Henry's throat Dal cut. It was Jin's.

"How're you feeling?" he asks. "Do you need anything?"

Seokjin's love languages are definitely physical touch and acts of service. There's nothing he loves more than being able to take care of you, and sometimes you even make things up just to make him happy, just like now.

"I'm okay, but could you please get me a water?"

"Of course," he beams, pressing his lips to your forehead before shuffling into the kitchen. He's back in record time, even opening the cap before handing it to you.

You take a few sips and hand it back to him, then he bends down to give you another small peck.

He moves to set the bottle down on his nightstand and sits on his side of the bed, looking a little nervous. You watch as he bites into his cheek and stares out the window, making your chest constrict with anxiety. He's clearly lost in thought and has no idea he's coming across uneasy.

Just ask him what's wrong, you think to yourself, but your voice won't come out. He literally just kissed you and said everything of his is yours. Don't panic like this. Your eyes bore helplessly into the side of his face as he continues to look outside silently, your throat tightening by the second.

He finally glances back over and flinches when he sees tears in your eyes. "Whoa, hey," he says anxiously, scooting closer to you. "What's wrong?"

"A-are you upset with me?" you squeak out, feeling ashamed that you didn't have the courage to just ask. He had to be the one to initiate. As usual.

"Upset?" he asks in confusion, raising an eyebrow. "Have I done something to make you think that I'm upset?"

He's probably thinking the same thing you just were. That not even a minute ago he was kissing you and telling you everything of his belongs to you. You bite into your lip and look down, feeling your cheeks heating up.

You know you're the problem. You know you're way too sensitive to others' mood changes.

"No," you whisper shakily, fighting back your tears. "I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize to me," he says softly, gently grabbing your chin to make you look up at him. A few tears fall down your face when you see nothing but kindness and love behind his beautiful brown eyes. "Talk to me. What made you think I was upset?"