Ch 60 | Not Kidding

Y/N's POV:

Tears spill from your eyes and you're frozen in place as Ji-Ho and Sena make their way over to your table. Ji-Ho looks exhausted but still beautiful, dressed in a simple turquoise sweater and blue jeans with his hair tousled loosely over his forehead.

Sena smiles at you but they both remain standing in front of the table. Your eyes are wide and you can't even blink, scared he'll disappear again if you do. So far he hasn't looked at you, and your breath hitches when his eyes finally flicker up to yours.

"Is it okay if I sit?"

"O-of course," you say, tears still dripping from your chin and onto the wooden table.

"I'll let you two chat," Seokjin says, standing up from his seat before kissing the top of your head. Your eyes frantically dart towards him and he chuckles. "It's okay, Bug. Sena and I will go check on Dal."

"Okay," you say as a whisper, watching the two of them disappear.

Ji-Ho takes the seat next to you, looking down at your food. He's not really looking at it though, he's just trying to avoid your eyes. You ball your hands into fists, gripping the navy sweatpants Eunji brought for you, unsure of what to say or do.

You didn't realize how much you missed him until now. Of course, it's not in the same romantic way it used to be. But once you found out the truth, you were able to think back on your memories with Ji-Ho without all the pain. You were able to remember all the laughs you two shared, and how you genuinely just enjoyed each others' presence. The way you feel towards him has shifted, but he's still someone incredibly important to you.

"I'd ask how you've been but..." he trails off, meeting your eyes again. "I guess I already know the answer."

"H-how about you?" you ask nervously.

He gives you a sad smile, making your stomach sink as he lies to you. "I've been okay."

You bite into your lip as he looks back down at your food, blinking back his tears. He clears his throat and leans forward with his elbows on the table, looking straight ahead.

"Sorry for avoiding you," he says with a much smoother voice than either of you expected. "It was just, um... a little hard."

"I understand," you sniffle, trying to wipe your face. "I was planning to wait for however long you needed."

A single tear rolls down to his chin and you watch him poke his tongue against his cheek, trying to control his breathing. "Thanks," he finally breathes out. "I might still need some more time, but when I heard what happened I just somehow ended up here."

"Thank you for coming," you say quietly, trying to relax your closing throat. "I'm really glad I got to see you."

A few more tears spill over his eyes and he buries his face in his hands, still trying to contain himself. You look down at your food, salty tears dripping down the bridge of your nose and into your half eaten rice bowl.

You talked with Eunji a few times about what to do regarding Ji-Ho. You'll never be able to thank him enough for what he did. Yes he was an ass to Seokjin but once you found out everything, it made a bit more sense. Ji-Ho genuinely believed Jin knew about his brother, which is why he was so sure he could win you back.

And if that had really been the case, he probably would've. But there's no turning back time. You're 150% sure your heart belongs to Seokjin and there's nothing either of you can do about it.

Eunji warned you that things would be really hard for him. He's probably drowning in regret. There might've been a better way to handle things had he not been so caught off guard, and scared for both yours and Hyun's safety. She said to give him space, and when you two finally got to meet again, to not force conversation. Give him time to process and let him speak.