Ch 74 | Crumble

Y/N's POV:

"Are you okay?" Chaewon asks, wiping off the countertop. "You look pale."

"I'm alright," you say, forcing a smile onto your face. "Will you take these over to table nine?"

Of course your bartender had to go home early on a day you're miserably nauseous, forcing you to smell alcohol for hours on end. Dal ended up running to get you some anti-nausea medicine because even though you don't feel well, being busy is better than sitting at home. There's only an hour left of work, you can power through it.

Your morning actually went pretty well, considering the circumstances. Last night you both had trouble falling asleep and Seokjin held you close as you cried quietly into his arms. You're aware you'll be okay and you know you won't have to go through a pregnancy alone, but it's still traumatic.

Now you and Seokjin will have to decide if the police should get involved or not. He still has a sinking feeling this is related to Sung-ho, but involving law enforcement would put Ji-Ho at risk. Seokjin plans to have a meeting with his legal team to discuss Ji-Ho possibly working under him directly, or maybe for the company in general so his license would be protected, but he would still risk losing custody of Hyun.

The two of you decided to save that conversation for another time, once you find out if you're actually pregnant or not. You asked Sena to keep this from Ji-Ho until then as well, worried he'd panic and try to fix it himself.

When you woke up this morning, Seokjin was already awake, bear hugging you from behind. He spent a good thirty minutes kissing and cuddling you before you got ready for breakfast, which was actually really nice. Unfortunately you weren't able to eat much but you swallowed some jam and toast, and spent a good hour just sitting and talking with him about mundane life. The two of you acted like you weren't even considering being pregnant, talking about all the places you wanted to visit and where you saw yourselves in five years.

Seokjin made it very clear he won't date you more than two years before proposing. He said unless you're someone who doesn't believe in marriage, dating someone for over two or three years without committing means you're not fully invested. You don't particularly have an opinion on how long couples should date before tying the knot but you're glad he doesn't want to take forever.

He dropped you off at work afterwards and showered you with more kisses, making you feel like a giddy high schooler again. He really needs to chill out with how happy he's making you because you're about to wish you were pregnant.

"Are you good to close up?" Moon asks, flashing a warm smile.

"Moon, why are you still here?" you gape. "It's your anniversary and its 10pm, I told you to leave."

"She's working the night shift tonight," he laughs, pulling his bag over his shoulder. His fiancé works as a nurse at a rehab facility. You met her a few weeks ago when Moon brought her by and they're absolutely smitten. "We're going somewhere this weekend so I didn't mind staying."

"You'd better not even think of showing up tomorrow," you glare. "You've been such a huge help the last few weeks, you need to take time off."

Your restaurant is closed Monday through Wednesday, but Moon works 13-14 hours shifts Thursday through Sunday, earning 40-50 hours per week. His future wife is adorable but apparently has an eye for high-end things so he doesn't mind the overtime. He loves to spoil her. Even if you have a panic attack over being pregnant you're still going to show up to work this weekend so he can take some much needed time off.

Your business has been bustling as usual. The amount of money you're making has tripled since reopening. Your restaurant was always high end and successful but most people only needed a reservation a few days in advance. Now, even after all this time people still have to book three or four months in advance to get a table. You also have more regulars that stay at the bar to drink and socialize like now, racking up large tabs as they all try to impress each other.