Ch 40 | Shivering

⚠️ Warning ⚠️
Mature Content Ahead

____________________

Y/N's POV:

"What took you guys so long?" Ana huffs as you and Sena slide into her car.

"You'll never gue-"

"Someone asked if they could take a picture with me," you cut Sena off, making her raise a brow at you. "Also, the manager is really nice, he gave us a discount."

"Oh perfect," Hobi grins. "I'll post the food to my story and tag it."

"Please do," you chuckle. "He deserves it. He opened up his own restaurant at 68."

"He said he was inspired by our [Y/N]," Sena says proudly.

"That's actually super cute," Ana smiles. "But I need you to buckle up or I'm going to be late for my fuck appointment. I need plenty of time before work."

"You're so annoying," you snort before clicking your seatbelt.

Sena seems to have gotten the hint that you don't want to talk about Ji-Ho so the three of them start talking about a time Jungkook threw up on Bang PD's brand new leather shoes. You go back to staring out the window, getting lost in your thoughts.

It's clear that Ji-Ho is a huge reason you're alive today. You would've been killed in the Seoul jailhouse. The criminals are much more violent and you wouldn't have had Sena there for you. But you can't come up with any reasonable excuse for him to not speak to you.

He said his ex wife should take some responsibility. What does that mean? Is she the reason he wouldn't represent me in court?

You feel your throat tighten and decide to shake your thoughts for now. There's no point in overthinking things, you just need to sit down and talk with Ji-Ho whenever you're ready emotionally.

Ana seems to sense the dark cloud looming over your head but doesn't want to ask anything in front of the others. She pulls into the garage and you all pile out, heading straight for the elevators.

You can feel Ana and Sena glancing at you while Jhope drunkenly talks about nothing, but you keep your eyes down on the ground. They're even more surprised to see you not pressing the button for Seokjin's floor, you're going to your own room.

You all make sure Hoseok's drunk ass gets to his apartment, and Ana hesitates before heading towards Taehyung's room.

"Love," she says softly. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay," you smile weakly.

You're not okay. It was already a melancholic day and running into Ji-Ho like that put the weight of a bowling ball on your chest. You don't feel a panic attack coming on but you would like to just crawl in bed and be alone for a while.

"Have fun with your new man," you force a big grin out before heading towards your room and you hear Sena say something to Ana before shuffling close behind you.

"I'm sure you want to be alone right now but I can't let you," Sena says sternly as you type in your passcode.

"I'm not going to hurt myself and I'm not going to have a panic attack," you sigh, stepping through the door. "I just want to be in bed."

"Okay well you have to let me come with you," she says as she slips her shoes off in your entryway.

You turn and glare at her but she just glares right back with her big and determined doe eyes. "I won't even speak, it'll be like I'm not there." She clearly isn't going to take no for an answer so you let out a long exhale and trot up the stairs.