Ch 103 | Bread Cheeks

Y/N's POV:

Spring's frigid air washes over you as you step outside the car, making you shiver even with Jin's large puffy jacket on. You slowly walk along the pavement and up to the house, taking a seat on Eunji's front porch swing. It's the last day of April and you're excited to start a new month tomorrow.

Justin Timberlake's It's Gonna Be May keeps playing over and over in your head, despite how sick of it you are. You're also excited for the weather to start warming up; you've come to hate being cold.

Trying to ignore the low temperatures, you pull your hand out from your pocket to admire your ring. It's been about a week and a half since Seokjin gave it to you, and your heart still squeezes every time you look at it.

Things with the public have finally calmed down. When the pictures of you getting along with Yumi were released, everyone had mixed feelings. Most people, especially Army, decided to believe in you and Seokjin. They know him better than a lot of others, and were relieved to find out those pictures were fabricated and misleading.

But there were still a good number of people doubting him. There were multiple conspiracy theories floating around, and almost all of them were some variation of you being abused and forced to post like everything is fine. Sometimes you see "blink three times if you need help" when you scroll through social media, but those comments don't anger you. Sure, there's a lot of people that just want to stir the pot, but there's also a lot of people who are just genuinely concerned about you and want to know you're okay.

Things got a lot quieter after your girl's brunch two days ago. You, Yumi, Sena, Chae, and Ana got all dressed up and went out to grab mimosas (Yumi just had orange juice) and fluffy pancakes, and Ana was the one who posted a cute picture on her page. She's very attentive to her social media, and has garnered over ten million followers since going public with Taehyung. She goes live and chats with people all the time. They know she's a bit of a bitch but they also know she's honest and blunt, which is why she's well liked. The public seems to trust that she'd speak up if you were being hurt, so her being openly friendly with Yumi put a lot of their fears to rest.

You rock back and forth on Eunji's porch swing, lost in thought but you're interrupted when her front door swings open, and you stand up as she gives you a warm smile.

"Good morning, [Y/N]," she says. "Come on in."

You nod and follow her inside, slipping your jacket and shoes off before heading into her office room. Your eyes fall on an exhausted Seokjin who's slumped back into the couch cushions, staring down blankly at his lap. You can tell he's been crying, because you used to have that same glossy look in your eyes after a tough session with Eunji.

"Hey baby," you say softly, taking the seat next to him. You pick up his hand and place it on your knee, and his weary eyes meet yours.

"Hey Bug," he smiles weakly. Your stomach sinks at the pain behind his eyes but you know this is how it goes. Things get worse before they get better when it comes to therapy.

"Today was a little brutal," Eunji chuckles, taking her normal loveseat across from you. "So we'll keep this part short. I just wanted to speak to the both of you regarding your relationship."

Your shoulders tense as you brace for what's next, and you squeeze Seokjin's hand that's resting on your thigh. Things between you two have been okay, but not great. You know he didn't kiss Yumi, but the fact that he didn't tell you about his lips bumping into hers is still eating away at you inside. To him, it wasn't a kiss so there wasn't anything to tell. But to you, it's still something that should've been mentioned. He's apologized profusely, and you have forgiven him, but the sting hasn't completely disappeared yet.