Ch 84 | Truce

Y/N's POV:

"What the hell are you on?" Seokjin gapes at Mr. Song. "Are you trying to get me thrown in jail?"

"Ji-Ho are you serious?!" you exclaim, standing up off the couch, almost spilling your coffee. "You're able to represent him?"

"Yep," he smirks, rolling up his sleeves. You watch as Sena salivates a little over how good he looks from beside him. "I am thoroughly enjoying the look on your boyfriend's face right now."

"Why are you acting like this is a good thing?" Jin asks you with his brows furrowed. "Ji-Ho and I can't stand each other. I'll definitely get convicted at this rate."

"Do you think I'm dumb enough to screw [Y/N] over again?" Ji-Ho asks, making Jin's jaw slack. "Plus, Sena would kick my ass." You and her glance at each other and try to stifle your laughter. "Don't get me wrong, you annoy the fuck out of me. But I know you're not an abuser. You're just a normal guy with a choking kink."

Your hands slap over your neck as Ji-Ho and Sena smirk at your fresh bruises.

"We have so many lawyers," Seokjin says, ignoring Ji-Ho and talking to his manager. "We don't need another one."

"Are you stupid?" you ask Jin, making his eyes almost pop out of his head. "I told you Ji-Ho's not some average attorney."

Seokjin scoffs and crosses his arms over his chest. "You told me he's one of the best in Seoul, but I have the best lawyers in the country."

"Mr. Lee's success rate is higher than all of our attorneys," Mr. Song says, and even Sena's surprised to hear that. "He graduated at the top of his class, and has actually turned down multiple job offers from Hybe."

"Are you that big of a deal?" Sena gapes, making him chuckle. "And why wouldn't you work for a massive company like Hybe?"

"They wanted me to travel more but I can't because of Hyun."

She's hiding it well but you know Sena wants to rip his clothes off right now.

"Jin, I recommend you at least hear him out," Mr. Song says. "He specializes in abuse cases like these."

Seokjin eyes Ji-Ho up and down suspiciously. "Why would you help me?"

"It's not for free," he chuckles, shaking his head. "I cost more than double your other attorneys. But I want to help you and [Y/N] because I feel guilty. If it weren't for you guys having to protect me and Hyun, you might've been able to catch Ma-Ri before that garbage statement video got out."

"Ji-Ho just ignore him, you're hired," you smile, walking up to grab his wrist and drag him to the couch.

"Bug, what are you-"

"Baby," you say angrily, making him flinch. "I know Ji-Ho was an ass to you but Mr. Song is telling the truth. He has handled multiple public cases and is probably our best bet." He looks at you like you're insane but his eyes eventually soften. Sure, he doesn't particularly trust Ji-Ho yet, but he trusts you.

"I'm surprised you didn't call me earlier," Ji-Ho says to you, taking a seat. He glances back at Sena and gives her a nod to come sit next to him. She walks over to him all calm and collected but you see the sparkle in her eyes. This is probably her first time seeing him in working mode.

"I didn't think you'd be able to," you frown. "Won't you get in trouble if the judge situation comes up?"

"I can cut them a deal, but it's something I'd need your permission for," he says, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees. Mr. Song heads into the kitchen to make everyone some tea and you and Seokjin take the seats adjacent to Ji-Ho and Sena. You shift nervously, waiting for him to continue and Seokjin places his hand on your thigh.