Ch 95 | Arrogant Smirk

Y/N's POV:

"Hold your head high," Ji-Ho says. "You too, Jin. I know you two aren't having the best day, but you need to appear confident when you walk to the courthouse doors."

You and Seokjin held hands and walked out of your apartment building together like nothing was wrong. Forcing yourself into autopilot, you were able to smile and wave at the crowd, leading him to the vans at the bottom along with Dal, Mr. Song, and Ji-Ho. Neither of you spoke a word to each other, but remained tightly holding each other's hand the whole way.

The five of you are now parked outside of the courthouse and there's only a few hundred feet between you and the doors, but there's massive crowds on either side of the walkway. Ana, Sena, Hoseok, and Namjoon are in the van behind yours.

"This time, no smiling," Ji-Ho continues, looking down at his watch. "We need to come across as serious and focused. Don't answer any questions, I will do all the talking."

"Are they in there?" you ask nervously, and you don't even have to say their names for everyone to know who you're talking about. Jin's thumb gently smooths over your knuckles.

"They are," Ji-Ho answers. "I encourage you not to engage. They'll be looking for any and every opportunity to cause problems with the case, so the less contact, the better."

"Okay," you nod, anxiously looking down at your lap. You've seen Sung-ho and you're not very scared of him anymore. If anything, his existence just exhausts you. But neither you nor Jin have seen Ma-Ri since the stabbing.

"Bug," Seokjin says softly, and you finally turn to meet his eyes. You know he's been burning holes into the side of your face but you've been too nervous to look at him. The warmth in his eyes makes your throat clench and your heart squeeze. "I really am sorry for my comment earlier. I'm not tired of you, and I never will be." You have to break eye contact and look up to the ceiling of the car to blink back tears. "I know we need to talk about the Yumi situation more," he continues, "but you're my other half. You're my person and we'll get through it."

"Okay baby," you say shakily, squeezing his hand tighter. "Let's just get through the next few hours and we'll figure it out together."

He nods, and your eyes flutter closed as his lips press gently to your forehead. "I love you, Bug," he says between another soft kiss.

"I love you too," you breathe out, and you're already feeling one hundred times better. You and Seokjin won't be shaken over some silly selfies and poor communication.

Dal steps out and you can already hear the crowd. He slides the van door open and Ji-Ho steps out first, followed by Mr. Song, and then you and Seokjin. It's 2:30pm, plenty of sunlight outside, but the flashes from so many cameras are almost blinding regardless.

There's multiple shouts from the crowd, and you and Seokjin keep your heads held high, confidently walking up to the large brown doors.

"We will not be taking any questions at this time," Ji-Ho says, walking while staying calm, cool, and collected with his black Ray Bans and perfectly gelled back hair. "My clients would like to extend their gratitude to everyone who's supported them through this difficult time."

You're all still walking to the doors, being led through by six different security guards. There's only about twenty feet left before the steps into the courthouse when you hear a shout from your left.

"Kim Seokjin is a rapist and a liar!!"

Pure hatred and disgust wash over you, and your head snaps in the direction of that repulsive statement. The voice was so loud half the crowd heard it, and you know Seokjin heard it too. You lock eyes with the chubby older man that clearly screamed those words, and you lunge for him immediately.