Ch 47 | Catch Me

Y/N's POV:

A hard thump against the side of your head pulls you from your sleep, forcing your overstimulated mind back into consciousness. You take a deep breath in; the smell of fresh laundry and a hint of vanilla would be making you hum if it weren't for the pounding in your head.

Naturally, your tired body stretches out in an attempt to relieve your tensed muscles, and your eyes finally flutter open when you see a small streak of light. Your eyes dance around the unfamiliar room and you try to get your bearings. Slowly, you sit up from the expensive hotel mattress and groggily look over at a figure sitting up on the couch, wistfully staring at the moonlight.

Time almost stands still as your eyes take in the Kim Seokjin before you. His hair is tousled from sleep, only dressed in a white muscle shirt and navy boxers, and he's leaned back against the left couch arm with his long legs stretched out. The moonlight dances across his skin and almost makes him look ethereal, the shadows casting perfectly across his toned arms and legs.

You're about to say his name when everything hits you. The video, Seokjin's brother, Ji-Ho, and the panic attack all come flooding in at once, making your dinner try to force its way back up.

Looking closer, you see dried tear stains down his cheeks, and his eyes look exhausted.

"I'm sorry," you say softly, making his head snap over to you with wide eyes. "I'm sorry for coming to a hotel." Your eyes stay fixated on your lap and you grip the comforter tightly in your hands, feeling your cheeks heat up as you remember your childish behavior. "I'm sorry for cussing at you and throwing things."

"No, I'm the one who should apologize," he says with a smooth voice, staying seated on the couch. "You're right, you were only here because of me. Thank you for not going to his house."

You bite into your lip and nod, looking back down at your lap.

"D-did you and your brother fight?" you finally ask after a long silence.

"Not physically," Jin smiles weakly. "Dal did get a few punches in though."

"Did you fight without your fists?"

"We did," he nods without hesitation. "He gave me no choice but to cut him off as a friend and brother."

"You cut him off?" you ask nervously. "For good?"

Jin looks out the window and nods, making your stomach sink.

"Y-you guys are family. I'm sure you can work it out."

"He doesn't regret it and he's not sorry, [Y/N]," he says sternly as he looks at you, making your throat tighten knowing his brother's not even remorseful for scarring you so deeply. "He basically told me you deserved it, and that is not something I'll tolerate when speaking about my other half."

Your heart wants to explode from both pain and happiness as he calls you his other half. The ache in his voice is there, even though he's trying to hide it.

"Maybe he'll come around," you grin, but you know the smile's not reaching your eyes. He looks back out the window and gets lost in the night sky for a few minutes.

The silence between you two is almost deafening, making your chest feel like it's going to cave in. You're trying to think of something to say but you're cut short before you can try.

"It's probably best for us to break up."

All the air leaves your lungs as those words ricochet through your mind. Suddenly the bottom half of your body feels as heavy as cement, and the pounding in your head returns. You're trying to speak but you can't, your body's not responding to any more signals.