Ch 102 | Whole Again

Y/N's POV:

Warm liquid coats your throat as you swallow down another bite of your bean sprout soup. Your upset stomach actually seems to handle it well, which is surprising considering how absolutely panicked you are on the inside. Seokjin and Yumi have been casually chatting about work stuff for ten minutes while you and Min-su sit there quietly, exchanging awkward glances every once in a while.

"Well," Seokjin sighs, setting his chopsticks down. "I know my girlfriend isn't going to be able to eat much until we address the elephant in the room."

"Same for my husband," Yumi chuckles, glancing over at his untouched plate. The few bites of food you forced down immediately threaten to come back up, and Seokjin gently places his hand on your thigh.

"[Y/N]," Yumi says, and your nervous eyes meet hers. They reflect nothing besides kindness and sincerity, making you relax instantly. "I did not kiss Seokjin, nor have I ever kissed Seokjin. He and I have always been strictly friends, and you have nothing to worry about."

Your jaw slacks at her straightforwardness. Glancing over at Seokjin, you find him staring at you fondly with a warm smile on his face, making your stomach fill with butterflies. This is something you already knew deep down, but it's nice to have that verbal confirmation.

Turning back towards her you nod and look down at your lap. "I believe you," you say quietly, anxiously messing with the hem of your hoodie. "Thank you for being so clear about it."

The table is silent for a few seconds and you finally look up to find Yumi's face in total shock. Her mouth is literally hanging open with her eyes wide.

"I told you she wasn't crazy," Seokjin laughs, clearly not surprised by her reaction.

"Wow," she huffs out a laugh, leaning back in her chair and crossing her arms. "This is a much different experience compared to last time."

"Last time?" you ask curiously.

Seokjin gently squeezes your thigh, making you look back over at him. You can't quite read the expression on his face right now. "Remember how I told you Ma-Ri threw my phone off the balcony after I told Yumi she looked nice that one day?" You nod, waiting for him to continue. "She went and confronted Yumi the next day."

"What?" you gape. "Why?"

"The bitch started shouting crazy shit at me," Yumi answers. "Saying she knew I was sleeping with Seokjin and that she had evidence."

"Him telling you that you look nice is evidence you're sleeping with him?" you snort, making the whole table relax a bit. Min-su still seems a little on edge but his shoulders aren't as tense anymore.

"That paired with a few selfies apparently," she rolls her eyes. "When I told her she was nuts and to get out of my face, she went and found my husband, planting all these crazy ideas in his head."

Now it's starting to make sense why Min-su's a little uncomfortable around Seokjin. He knows Ma-Ri's crazy but it's probably pretty hard to have to go through something like this twice now. And this time there was photos.

"I didn't even find all this out until it was too late," Seokjin says, taking a bite of his pork belly. "Yumi had stopped speaking to me, trying to repair her marriage and I was totally clueless."

"You didn't ask her why she stopped talking to you?"

"We were really never that close," Seokjin shrugs, and Yumi nods in agreement. "It's not like we talk all the time, so when she didn't text me for a month I didn't think much of it. We still spoke normally about work."