CHAPTER FOURTEEN

-4:24 pm-

It was almost time to go out and I had to get ready. What screams "fair" but not a try hard. I slipped on some brown baggy jeans and a pink crops top that said "dead girl walking" in red, it was a quote from one of my favorite books, I slipped off my home socks and struggled to put on my normal socks but got the task done. I put on my platform pink dirty converse that kyle always complained were to dirty. But I'd never wash them, especially if it was him complaining. I decided to text kiara, one of my close friends in me and Dylan's friend group.

"Hey kiara! What u think of my fit? Does it say 'I'm going to the fair with a really hot guy and I'm not a try hard'?"
Moments later and still no reply? It was odd because usually she texts back immediately. Finally after several minutes,three dots appeared, they disappeared and re appeared?
Finally I was met with a reply!

"Why are u acting like nothing happened?"
I was confused?what has happened?

"What? Wdym?"

"Oh god kirby stop playing dumb!"
She called me by my actual name? Now I knew this was serious because no one in my friend group dared to use the "k word" as they called it, I replied instantly still shocked and confused.

"I'm sorry kiara, I really don't know what your talking abt, mind filling me in?"
I was met with an instant reply that seemed angry but how could I tell? I was staring at a screen, but somehow I could feel her anger through the screen.

"FINE! If your gonna really keep playing dumb then I will tell u what u did! You were leading Dylan on! Can't u see the guy had liked u since forever!and you've just been leading him on! You know I like him and you have a chance with him but you decided to just hurt him? He came to my house crying saying you have a boyfriend! MY CRUSH CAME TO MY HOUSE CRYING ABOUT ANOTHER GIRL! Your actions hurt me too."

After scanning the paragraph over and over, I was still in Shock. Dylan liked me? There's no way! I saw him as my brother! My bestfriend only. Had I really been this blind all these years?
I left kiara on read and went to text Dylan.

"Is it true?"

"Is what true?"

"That you like me?"

"What the fuck? Id never like you kirbs, ew no offense"
A feeling went through my whole body. It was relief. I replied with a "ok see ya"
And shut off my phone. I checked my wat-
Is someone honking their horn?
I checked my window to see Caleb outside waiting by his white car.
All my thoughts of Dylan and kiara and my phone and my watch disappeared. It was time for me to have the night of my life.