CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

-Riley-

I wasn't surprised when Riley was waiting for me at the front door when I got home, what surprised me was she was holding a tray of brownies.

"Hello ma'am!"

"It's Kirby."

"oh right! Kirby..have some of these brownies I made especially for you!"
I didn't like the way she tossed the word 'especially' in her sick mouth.

"Yeah I'll just eat them up in my room, I'm really tired and I got lots of homework!"

"I wanna see your reaction on how they taste! I worked really hard on them."
She gave me that same grin she had given me this morning.

I plopped one into my mouth.

"Mmmm, there great!"
Before she could get a word in I took the tray from her and sprinted as fast as I could up stairs with a tray of brownies in my hand.

When I got into my room I locked it and spit out that god damn brownie.
She was trying to drug me I had no doubt about it.
I didn't know exactly why but I knew she was trying to drug me.

Kirby:3  Riley:0

I wasn't stupid.

I was about to toss half of them into my trash when I had a better idea.

I went down stairs.

"Sorry i Don't like them."
I didn't even give her a chance to open her mouth as she stared at me tossing all of the brownies in the trash.
I gave her a smile and gave her the tray.

"Clean this, your my maid after all."
I knew she wanted to kill me I saw it behind the innocent maid eyes because I'd played the role of the innocent girl before.
She gave me a smile as I rushed up stairs and slammed my door a little loudly but just enough for mom not to think to much of it.

Kirby:4  Riley:0
I was in the lead.

I had a plan. I wouldn't stay up until 3 not knowing what to do like I did when I was planning to turn kyle in, because now I knew murder was my only escape.

3:54 pm

I went down stairs to execute the first part of my plan.

"Hey Kailey! Can you write a letter for my school, it's about this kid who had just died, he was my best-friend."
Her eyes widened, she thinks I know.
I saw her true anger as she was about to open her mouth but I stopped her.

"Everyone at school is writing about how much of a great guy he was and putting it up around school."
Her eyes softened.

"Of course!"
She got a pen and started writing, of course I wouldn't have to worry about Riley ever coming to her dead brothers school as she was already 24.
I guess she wrote a lot as it took her seven god damn minutes to write about a kid "she didn't even know"

She folded it up and wrote down
"From Riley" on the outside.
She wrote her i's with a heart.

"Here you go kirby!"

"Cool I'll put it up Tomorrow"
I rushed up stairs and closed my door gently and locked it.

It was time to study her handwriting.