CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

-Monday morning-

My alarm went off for school,I got up when the very first alarm went off so I could be on time, it was 5:02, I went to the bathroom and washed my face and teeth and flossed, I put on some cherry chapstick and I started changing,it had just hit me, mom hadn't screamed "BREAKFAST!" Like every other morning? Maybe she wasn't up yet. I slipped on some normal pink socks, I put on some black shorts since it's been super hot outside these past few days. I put on a red tank top and a black and grey flannel just to make it not look so plain, I put on my favorite red converse and headed down stairs for breakfast, but instead of seeing mom in the kitchen it was kyle, my eyes widened with what I could only guess was shock but a hint of fear in my eyes that he might've killed her, he turned around and met my black eyes.

"Hey kyle where's mom?"

"Dead"
What. I stayed silent

"Nah I'm just messing with you kid, she went on a business trip, she left when it was 4, it's for work don't really know exactly what's she's gonna be doing in Australia though"
He looked genuine but he's looked genuine before. I stayed silent again

"What you don't believe me? Here I'll call her right now!"His phone started to ring because he was calling someone and that someone is probably mom!
They picked up.

"Hey honey what's up! Im about to board the plane I gotta go! But if you need anything just text me"
I spoke up with out thinking

"Hey mom!"

"Oh hey darling! I'm so sorry I gotta go see you in two weeks!"
Two weeks?
She hanged up

"You see kiddo I'm not lying, I didn't kill her stupid" I had no choice but to believe him, he gave me the proof I needed, I had just talked to mom myself right now.

"Ok I guess.. I believe you" it was disgusting to say but it was the truth.

"I made your breakfast" it was plain toast, so much for 'made' breakfast.
I blurted out a thank you without eye contact.
He went upstairs to do god knows what, jerk off? Watch porn? I didn't wanna get scenarios of it so I just started thinking about Caleb,I'll look for him today at school.
I checked my watch,It was 5:42 my school was a 20 minute ride on bike so I had to get going, I left my plate in the sink and yelled.

"IM OFF TO SCHOOL!" I didn't wait for a reply and just slammed the door shut behind me, I got on my blue bike and started heading off to school.

It was 6:26 when I got to school, I didn't have time to look for caleb,  I had four minutes. I started looking for Dylan to walk to class together, when I found him I guess he found me too because he was panting and said.

"I've been looking for you..., sorry I'm out of breath from running."

"Oh my god same, wait why are u looking for me?"
Suddenly his cheeks went red.

"I needa tell you something.."
What did he wanna tell me?

"Go ahead..?"
I said hesitantly.