CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

-5:46-

My alarm went off and I got up I checked the time and IT WAS 5:46?!?! How the hell did I over sleep? I checked my phone and that's when I realized I clicked snooze three times. I started rummaging through clothes until I found a pair of black shorts and a black tank top,  I slipped on my socks and cherry red flannel and my red converse.
I sprinted down stairs while having my blue back pack on one shoulder, that's when I realized mom wasn't cooking breakfast? Where was she? I sprinted back up the stairs and went into her and what used to be Kyle's room. She was in bed? She woke up at 4:30 every morning? My mom is the type of women to not even hit snooze once?!

"Mom? Mom!"

"Huh..what?- oh hey sweetie.."
She suddenly yawned.

"Get up your late for work and breakfast isn't even made?"

"I called off work because- becau-"
Holy shit she burst into tears!

"Hey mom mom, it's going to be ok"
She was crying into my shoulder

"I know but..he was so amazing.."
I almost laughed, please, amazing? Yeah an amazing liar, he's a fucking rapist and abuser, that's all he ever will be, that's all he ever was.

"I'm gonna be late mom, I gotta go, love ya"
She didn't reply she just sobbed continuously I mean I didn't blame her, her fiancé had just died and he was one of the best things that ever happened to her, jeez  Kyle did play the loving innocent man so good, I should've been taking notes.

I got to school at 6:22, i didn't even bother looking for Dylan because he told kiara that I rejected him, it's not my fault I can't control my feelings, honestly.

I found caleb at my locker with a bouquet of roses, I ran up and hugged him.

"Oh my gosh thank you!"

"Anything for you"
I started blushing but my blushed face soon turned into a serious face.

"We need to talk in private"

"Oh..ok?"
I dragged him into the empty janitors closet.

"I think we got away with it"

"Yeah"

"Why'd you cover up for me?"

"Because I couldn't let anything bad happen to you..your special"
I felt butterflies. Holy shit he just call me special.

"Thank you, and thank you so much for helping me cover up the death of...kyle."
Suddenly I heard a noise and I thought I was going crazy until caleb spoke up

"Did you hear that too or am I going crazy?"
Could he read my mind? I just nodded.
We went are separate ways.

'Did someone hear us?' I thought.