Why Should I Trust You?

𝐈'𝐌 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 the sidewalk that leads towards Luke after coming back from my trip to France

My days off work are now over, I'll start working at the diner again and I'll have to conciliate homework and work shifts again. Suddenly, thinking of the diner, my craving for pancakes and coffee grows even more if that is possible.
But when I bump into Babette and Patty I turn back to reality and my thoughts totally vanish.

"Hi sugar, what a lovely dress! How are you?" Babette greets me with a wide smile.

"Hi Babette, thanks! Hi Patty! I'm so happy to be back, I'm really craving a cup of coffee right now but other than that I'm doing just fine." I reply politely.

"So, did you hear the news?" Patty asks me and, to be honest, she sounds really excited.

"No, why? What happened?" I ask really curious.

"We got a new town member, apparently he's just trouble, and no one's really fond of him...but you know, you are lovely, caring and so sweet and I guess you could get along with him" she explains, partially whispering the part about him being trouble.

"Oh, what's his name?" I ask even more interested than before.

"Are you heading off to Luke's?" Babette asks me placing a hand on my shoulder and definitely not willing to answer my question.

"Yeah, of course, I couldn't be going anywhere else!" I exclaim as if it is so obvious.

"Well, then I guess you'll find out there!" the ladies say together.

I nod grinning and start heading off to Luke's while waving in their direction. I return to my thoughts again, but this time I think about the new town member. Is he really that bad? Is he really just trouble for everyone? If he is like this, why did he come here?
When I arrive at the diner and open the door, I find Rory and Lorelai.

"Liv! You're back!" Rory screams getting up from her seat to hug me.

Rory and I know each other since we can remember. Emily Gilmore and Odette Quinn, our grandmas, are in the Daughters of the American Revolution (commonly known as the D.A.R.) and they're the best of friends, hence the fact that our mothers grew up together and are best friends too.
Sometimes we joke saying that their growing up together affected their future, no wonder they both got pregnant really young.
Now it's Rory's turn and mine to keep up with the tradition.

"Yeah, and I'm still alive!" I add sarcastically.
Both Rory and Lorelai already know I didn't want to go to France with my family, I hate French as a language even though I'm pretty good at it...and I had no interest in meeting my French cousins.