That Pair Of Eyes

𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑, I'm in my maths class reviewing my notes when Tristan comes sitting behind me

"Hey there, Liv" he greets me with a smirk on his face.

"Yes, Tristan, Rory's still with Dean" I anticipate his question, and he laughs.

"Do you think I came here just to ask you
this?" he demands acting offended.

"What else could you want?" I say obviously being right.

"Actually I was gonna ask you if you could help me out in French literature, I know you're partly French...and I'm definitely not acing that class," he says placing his head onto his hand.

"You know, normally I would say no because I hate everything about my French family...but I need you to do me a favor too" I say, even though I'm not sure if it's the right choice.

"Sure, what is it?" Tristan replies.

"Can you be my escort for the debutante ball?" I ask rushing the words.

"Yeah, I will be your escort," he says smiling.

"Ok, thanks, I need you to come to my house this afternoon so we can practice..." I say hoping it doesn't cause him any trouble.

"Uhh, why today?" he asks confused.

"It's my only day off work...please" I nearly beg him to come.

"Ok, alright, I'll be there" he finally agrees and then he freezes for a minute and he starts talking again "I've just got one more question..."

"Yes, Rory will be there..." I nod rolling my eyes "With Dean" I add to remind him that she's with a person, and he nods in annoyance.

In the afternoon Tristan arrived at my house, and we waltzed while my mom watched us and gave us advice, she said that I needed to follow Tristan's rhythm more but besides that, we looked really cute dancing (so cute that my sister thought we were together, but that's just what she thought about every single male friend I had).

"I'm thirsty, can I get a soda or something
else?" Tristan asks politely five minutes before our break.

"Our break is only five minutes away! Can't you wait a little longer?" I complain about his impatience.

"Please, I think I might die if you don't give me something to drink in two minutes" he jokes.

"Stop being so dramatic I-" I got cut off by a few knocks on the door.
"Alright, I'll get you a soda but can you get that?" I say walking towards the kitchen.