Silence On The Other End

"𝐈'𝐕𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐍 such a pain in my whole life!" Rory complained while entering Luke's, immediately taking the gigantic backpack she'd been carrying around town off her back

It was the first time Olive was entering the diner since Jess had left the city, it'd been a whole week.

And Luke had been patient enough to let her skip work, understanding of the situation, but now she was the one wanting to get a grip on her life again.

"We're so not walking carrying those backpacks around Europe..." Lorelai shook her head, already occupying a table.

"But our plan is to backpack through Europe, how are we gonna do that without backpacks?" Liv pointed out matter-of-factly.

"But all this time we've been talking about backpacking through Europe I've never actually pictured us with backpacks on!"

"Exactly, I was imagining nice accommodating European men carrying those around instead of us," Amber pretended to agree with Lorelai.

"Hey, that's what I was picturing!" Lor pointed at the curly-haired excitedly.

"I was kidding, Lor... Please, tell me you weren't actually thinking about men slaving around for us."

"I'm sorry, it'll be just us wrecking our backs, carrying our heavy backpacks around Europe," Rory said, referring to her mother.

"It exhausts me to even talk about it..." Lorelai scoffed.

Luke got closer to their table, trying to keep his cool about Olive being back "Hey, what can I get you?"

"Luke looks like he's an accommodating nice man," Lorelai observed "Hey, Luke will you change nationality and grow a big mustache and carry those backpacks around for us?"

"Nope, and about those move 'em," he pointed at the five backpacks lying right in front of the diner's entrance.

"We would think about doing it if we could..." Amber justified "But, you see, those are very heavy— And—"

"Say no more..." Luke rolled his eyes before turning around and moving them near their table, one by one.

"Thanks, Luke!" Lorelai said gratefully, acting surprised.
He shrugged and waved off the gratitude, grabbing his pen and making it click.

"So, what can I get you?"

"Pancakes!" Susan shouted, right before adding "Please."