They Lie, They Lie, They Lie a Million Little Times

"𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐀 𝐁𝐈𝐆, 𝐅𝐀𝐓 sunshine day for me!" Luke states sarcastically while pouring Lorelai some coffee

"Business looks good!" Lorelai notes, she probably doesn't understand why Luke's so grumpy.

"Yeah, the place is packed..." Rory agrees.

"Sure, it's been taken over by the J. Crew catalog."

"Oh, look! Babies!" Rory exclaims sweetening her voice.

"I never wanna hear that coming outta your mouth again" Lorelai replies.

We all observe the group until a woman who's swinging a kid orders the man next to her "Bob, the yellow ball."

"Yellow ball, yellow ball, yellow ball. Ah, yellow duck!" he replies while digging in a bag and then showing the toy.

"Ball" she orders again.

"Yellow ball, yellow ball, yellow ball..."

Then our attention focuses on Luke again "Every weekend, the same stupid group comes here and they take every table and every damn chair they can get their sticky hands-on—"

"You know, I can tell you're really one that believes in the 'the customer is always right' rule" I quip and he gives me a look.

"And they do that! They sit, they stand. One person holds a kid, another person holds a kid."

"I've got Choo-Choo Joe!" a strange man among the ones in the group exclaims.

"This guy runs in and out and back and forth" Luke adds exhausted "The other guy never takes his head out of that stupid bag, the women can't figure out which kid is which...and they do it all morning long."

"Every weekend" I note.

"Exactly, and then they order two iced teas to go and that is it."

"I'm sure you're exaggerating..." Lorelai says smiling.

"Oh no, he's not exaggerating" I reply.

A baby's screams now are completely overwhelming our ears, indeed Lor is ready to complain "Oh, God!"

"Oh this is good, you see, Choo-Choo Joe won't be working."

"Get the bongo bear! Get the bongo bear!" another woman commands.

"How did you know that?" Rory asks frowning.

"Because Choo-Choo Joe hasn't been working for the last six months" I grin amused.

"Personally, I don't think it's broken. I think he killed himself to get away from that family" Luke notes.

"That kid's a major drooler" Lorelai points out.

"Yeah, it's like a fountain" Rory agrees while her face contorts in a disgusted grimace.

"Okay that's it, they have to go" Luke starts to stomp away from us.