Dear Becca

"𝐎𝐇! 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐊𝐈𝐃!", "How are you, honey?", "I'm so sorry for you", "Poor thing", "Does it hurt?"

All I'm hearing since two weeks ago are these sentences, often accompanied by sorry pouts and pats on the shoulder.
They treat me like I'm the victim of this, they're looking at me with pity and compassion.

I don't deserve such treatment. I'm not a baby. I'm conscious of myself enough to make decisions of my own, and getting into the car with Jess was one of them.

This morning I walked around town, haunted by everyone's pitiful gazes.
I ran into Taylor and we had an amazing conversation about the town's safety, if I have to be precise it regarded stray animals.
Then I ran into the amazing duo that are Babette and Patty, they were looking at me like I'd been beaten up by someone. And I'm just wearing a cast!

I'm now facing the only man in this town that never feels sorry for someone, at least from what his face shows.
"Hi, Luke..." I greet him.

"Hey, do you want some coffee?"

"Yes, thanks..."
I mentally thank him for not asking me how I am first like a normal person would.

"I'm sorry if this is feeling awkward, I don't want to pile on with all the stuff I'm sure the citizens already gave you..."

"I appreciate it..." I nod showing him a sad but grateful smile "So...how is he? Have you heard from him yet?"

"No, not yet, his mother called though."

"What'd she say?"

"He got home okay, he's expecting all of his stuff...oh and, before I forget, he left you a note."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I folded it and put it somewhere but I don't know where..." he says bending on his knees, trying to find the note between all the stuff that's stored there "Found it! Here."

"Thanks."
I try to force myself not to read it. I'm mad at him enough for leaving without any notice, I don't want to forget all my anger because of some lame cheesy note he left.

"He'll be fine, Liv, you don't have to worry."

"Just tell me you didn't send him off because you were mad about the car accident."

"I didn't, he wanted to go. He told me he already felt miserable for hurting you, he would've felt worse if he walked around surrounded by all the glares and hate from the town people."

"Sounds about right..."

"I know you'll miss each other, I'm sorry he didn't come to you and say something."