Truth Will Out

𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊, the 24th marathon's week to be precise

𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊, the 24th marathon's week to be precise. It's chaotic, it's an everlasting wait that you wish to never end and to end as soon as possible all together.
On one hand, this is the best festival we've got here, on the other people get so competitive and you have to spend a whole day dancing without stopping, eating and sleeping.
People go hunting for capable partners that are willing to dance twenty-four hours in a row, harboring an unimaginable desire to win that big shiny trophy.

One of these people is Lorelai. She just loves forcing someone to dance uninterruptedly 'cause she fancies that trophy since four years ago when we started taking place in these festivals. She's never won it, though, that's why she's so invested in this.

Tonight, we've been invited to Friday night dinner at Emily and Richard's along with my grandparents.

"This is a great chicken mom, I mean it, really great" Lorelai compliments the food.

"Thank you, Lorelai."

"It's like super-chicken, I bet it could fly. Have you tried tossing it out the window?"

"Alright, what's going on?"

"What? I like the chicken."

"Nobody likes the chicken that much, Lorelai..."

"I'm in a good mood!"

"Why?"

"My God! It's like my ninth-grade homecoming dance all over again."

"Homecoming dance?" I frown slightly smiling.

"In ninth grade, I got asked to the homecoming dance, and I didn't think I would, and I was in a good mood and mom got so annoyed that she made me go to my room."

"Grandma?" Rory reproaches her.

"She was sitting at the table giving all the peas voices" Emily explains herself.

"With a little encouragement, I could've been the señor Wences of the vegetable set" Lorelai jokes.

"Lorelai..."

"Okay, okay, okay...it'll come out soon enough. Today, ladies and gentlemen I found a dance partner!"

"You did?" Mom asks excited for her.

"A good one."

"What're you talking about? A dance partner for what?" Emily looks confused.

"Our town is having a dance marathon this weekend."

"It lasts twenty-four hours and the last couple left standing gets a trophy" I add.

"A big trophy" Lorelai smiles enthused.

"Well, that sounds very nice," Emily says, but she sounds sarcastic.

"Are you all participating in this thing?" Grandma asks smiling.