The Nine Of Hearts

"𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐋𝐔𝐊𝐄'𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒 are better!" Lorelai complains shouting, and I just stepped into Luke's diner

"Agreed, but why are you screaming?" I sit next to her and Rory.

"Because only Caesar is cooking today" Rory intrudes before her mother could go on rambling.

"Why don't you get something else?".

"Because I hurt myself trying to clean the gutters".

"We talked about this, you can't do these things!" my mother berates her.

"I know, I know! It's the last time, I promise!".

"I'll go upstairs to force Luke, if he kills me you'll be my witnesses" she gets up and vanishes behind the curtain.

"Why don't you hire someone?" I ask still with a smile stuck on my face.

"Because my mother's Lorelai Gilmore, the most stubborn woman on earth".

"Right..." I start tapping my fingertips on the table, my mother doesn't want to get away from the table.

"Oh, I'm sorry, are you waiting for me to go away?".
I nod with an embarrassed expression, and she gets up to sit in front of the counter.

"What do you have to tell me?" Rory whispers as soon as she lies on the stool.

"We made up" I smile thinking of yesterday.

"That's it?" she looks disappointed "Will you ever make a move or something?".

"No thank you, I'm still talking to him and I'm fine like this".

"But you will get tired of being just friends with him one day or another".

"I don't think so" I shake my head imagining what would happen if I eventually got bored.

"Ok, but there are other things that could happen!" she tries to convince me.

"Like?"

"Like...he could get a girlfriend and you'd suffer so much; or he could go back to New York and you'll never see each other again, or you could get over it and waste an occasion".

"What occasion?" I wonder what she'll come with now.

"He's clearly obsessed with you" she lowers her voice to not be heard.