The Line Is A Dot To You

"𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 night, the diner was full of customers— Like, everyone was standing and there wasn't even an empty spot!" I start narrating talking on the phone

I'm sitting on my bed, laying my head on some pillows I put between my back and the bed's headboard.

"That sounds like a nightmare," Jess replies with a somehow interested tone.

"Yeah! I was the only one working, you weren't there and everyone was screaming what they wanted to eat, but I couldn't walk anywhere because the place was so packed and I was panicking."

"Are you sure this doesn't have to do with something stressful going on in your life?" Jess asks.

"I'm sure it does because then all the customers started staring at me! And they were asking 'Which college are you going to choose?' repeatedly."

"Yikes..." he notes, "I think you know what that means, Quinn."

"That I need to make a final choice?" I shrug.

"Yes, but also—"

I interrupt him "That I have to tell Rory, I know. I will!"

"Yeah, but when? You're gonna run out of time! And in my opinion, the sooner you tell her, the better."

"I'm just— I don't know, not ready yet? What if she gets mad about me not wanting to go there anymore?" I start to bring up the possible scenarios "Or, what if she thinks it's not worth it to be friends anymore? What if we stop being friends?"

"Or maybe she just accepts your choice, 'cause she's your best friend and wants to see you happy," he says.

"But—"

"I don't know how long you've been friends for—"

"Eighteen years!" I precise.

"Exactly, eighteen years! Basically your whole lives! She wouldn't throw away an important connection such as the one between you two because of you wanting something different for your future, trust me."

"I do trust you, and I really hope you're right...but just the thought of us not being friends anymore— I couldn't take it, she's like another sister to me."

"I know, I've seen you two...but I really think that Rory's not that selfish. She wouldn't throw away your friendship."

"Olive! Dinner!" Susan yells impatiently as she flashes by the door to warn me "Who are you talking to?"

"Can I say hi?" Jess asks.

"Yes, just a second," I say holding the phone towards Sue so that she can hear.

"Hi, Susan," Jess yells through the phone.

"Hi, Jess!" Susan replies.

"How's the thing with Tyler doing?" Jess asks, acting interested.