Seventeen

𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐆𝐎 and I mean many

𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐆𝐎 and I mean many. When Olive and Susan weren't born yet and Amber Vivienne Quinn was just a teenager, that's when the girls' story began.

Amber wasn't exactly the kind of girl that made her parents proud, academically speaking. It wasn't because she wasn't bright, she was very smart...she just didn't want to distinguish herself because of her academic successes.
She used her intelligence for different purposes, such as sneaking out and doing all the things her parents forbade her to take part in.

"There's a party going on tonight. You in?" he asked.

Who was speaking to Amber was her high school boyfriend, Peter.
He wasn't different from her, quite similar actually. He didn't do well in school, he basically already knew his fate was to be a high school dropout or simply someone who'd find work as soon as school was over.

"Of course, I'm in! I just have to find a lie to tell my parents," Amber replied.

"Good luck with that," he kissed her cheek and winked at her as if wishing her good luck once again, then he walked away.

Amber used to have lots of friends at school, but that was before she met Peter.
Right after when they became closer, she focused on him and him only. She became shallow and started blowing off her friends to hang out with him, ending up losing all of them. Sure, deep down she felt guilty, but that wasn't enough to overcome the desire of spending all her minutes with him.

She was in love, out of her mind, head over heels for him. 

It's not something you see often during teenage years. In spite of how badly she had treated her friends, and the fact that she had abandoned them completely, it was a great unimaginable deep love the one between them.

When she got home, her parents were waiting for her at the dining table.
"How was school today?" Odette asked Amber.

"Still there," Amber quipped "Same as always," she then replied more seriously.

"Nothing exciting happened today?"

"Nothing at all, oh! You just reminded me that Allison is having a sleepover tonight and I'm invited! Can I go? Please?"

"It's a bit of a short notice, Ambs, I don't know..."

"I know, I'm sorry, I kept forgetting about asking you!"

That was absolutely not true. Allison was one of the friends that Amber had abandoned, and she kept pretending that she was still in touch with every single one of them because by doing so she could use them as an excuse to sneak around with Peter.

"I guess it wouldn't be such a problem if you went...but be careful, and ask sooner next time!" Odette pointed a threatening finger at her her daughter.

"Of course, sorry..."

"Odette? Have you heard about the Gilmore's daughter?" Romaric, none other than Amber's father, put the newspaper down to inform his wife.