Dark Gray, All Alone

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 the party Olive woke up and glanced at the clock

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 the party Olive woke up and glanced at the clock. Ten thirteen a.m.
She'd never woken up this early on a Sunday, well, except for when her mom woke her up to make her go grocery shopping.

Anguish had been eating her insides all night, forcing her to turn over and over again on both sides. She tried rearranging the pillows and fluffing them over and over again.

Nothing.

It had nothing to do with the comfort of her bed, she just had too many paranoias rushing through her brain one by one.

She eventually got the willpower to get up from her comfortable mattress and, already missing its warmth, to walk down the stairs.
Her mother had been waiting for her on the couch, she turned her head exactly when the sound of Olive's slippers down the stairs became noticeable.

"Hey, you're up early..." she said, greeting her.

Olive threw herself on the spot next
to her "I couldn't sleep..." Liv admitted, rubbing her eyes with the palms of her hands.

"What happened? What's bothering you?" her mother immediately got worried.

"Nothing much," she lied, then let a few seconds pass before admitting it "The party was cop-raided, and you know that but you don't know why..."

"Tell me, then!"

"Before doing that, I need you to promise me that you will let me speak before stepping in."

"Will do, now speak!" she exhorted her daughter.

"The cops came because there was a fight, between Jess and Dean. The fight was about my argument with Rory, and Dean went a little over Jess' limit. So— Well, he lashed out."

"So, Jess started the fight?"

"Yeah, and despite being concerned for him because Dean wasn't listening to me while I told them to stop I was still angry... 'cause he broke the promise."

"Promise? What promise?" Amber echoed.

"He promised me he wouldn't have gotten in fights anymore."

"But he did..." she stated.

"Not only did he get into one, he initiated it. So when the cops came we argued a little, I told him I didn't ask for him to defend me in any sort of way and he got mad at me because he'd been trying—"

"And?" Amber nodded her head, letting her daughter know that she was listening.

"He told me he'd call, this morning."

"No one's called yet, honey, I'm sorry..." she shook her head, her brown curls slightly shifting position at the movement.

"Huh, it's okay... he probably knows I'm asleep at this time of the day."