On A Sunday Morning

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 through the white curtains of my room and bothers my eyes, so I turn around but right after I feel someone's breath on my face

"Good morning, ma chère" I hear my mother whisper.

"Get outta here!" I yammer.

"What do you mean?" she asks offended.

"I know that it's eight in the morning! Leave me alone!" I whine putting a pillow on my face.

"Lorelai needs me at the inn! I'm so sorry baby" she says apologising.

"Then what do you want from me? Go!" I reply still with the pillow on my face.

"I know that it's Sunday and I know that you like to sleep until noon on Sunday, but I really need you to go grocery shopping for me, Mrs. Patty always leaves everything empty" she explains sweetly.

"How is that my problem? And Mrs. Patty lives alone, there's no way she buys so much stuff!" I say rolling my eyes.

"C'mon don't force me to beg you, now if you hurry up I might leave you extra money to visit the bookstore!" she says smirking, knowing that will work.

"Alright, you woke me up anyway..." I reply starting to get ready.

I watch outside of my window and I notice that lots of people are already up, ready to embrace this day in the best way, they surely don't need coffee to get up or don't mind if their mom wakes them up and would definitely freak out if they woke up when I usually do because it means they overslept.
I wonder if Jess is up or not, maybe I could run into him at Doose's.

Half an hour later I'm fully ready, I just need a cup of coffee to activate my brain so I pick Luke's as my first stop.

"Thank you so much, ma bichette, here's thirty dollars extra. I really appreciate this" she kisses my cheek as she speaks and hands me the money.

"Can you give me also like five dollars so I can make a stop at the diner? I need some coffee" I say engaged in putting all the money in my wallet.

"They're already included in the pile of money on the table" she replies proud of herself.

"Thank you! See ya later!" I say kissing her cheek and heading off.

As I get out of my house, which isn't far away from the diner, I admire Stars Hollow and the townies on a Sunday morning. Kirk is fighting with Gypsy over his tai chi sessions that are held near her gas station, Taylor is screaming at Luke because of his wish of opening a soda shoppe near Luke's diner and Mrs. Patty is teaching her pupils a new choreography.