The Talk

hi!! if you have some time could you please read the author section? i have a question to ask y'all, thank you in advance!!🫶🏻

✧✧✧

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐒 that Rory and I don't even look each other in the eyes anymore, and it feels weird.
While everyone used to blame Jess and care for me when the car accident happened, now everyone tiptoes around me and is afraid to ask me how this could have ever happened.

Rory and I rarely fought, and whenever we did it was silly and it took a week maximum to make up. This fight is not silly, and even though it's not been exactly a week but five days, I know we won't make up very soon.
Who knows? Maybe we won't make up at all.

The fact is that with Rory and I not talking anymore, some people had to side with either one or the other. Such as Paris, Lane, our families...
Well, Paris chose to side with me. Not because I'm right, but because she thinks Rory blabbed about her relationship with Jamie with Francie.
Lane decided she doesn't want to take sides, since we're equally her friends and equally important to her.

My family took my side, obviously, because they know how hurtful it is when someone brings up my father. While Lorelai took Rory's side, but that's just because she's programmed to do that on any occasion.
Also, I'm pretty sure Rory would never tell her how the fight actually went and what she dared to say, so Lorelai will never even suspect Rory being wrong.

I've been spending all my time with Jess, not having many friends to hang out with.
He's come over many times, I went over to his place once, and other times we just closed together and spent some extra time upstairs.
We even like to go on walks or sit overlooking the lake and talk.

But we only do this when my mom's working, or on dates with Max, or Luke's out running errands. Indeed Mom's getting suspicious, and I can't blame her.

I look at her as she sips her bitter coffee, we're having breakfast at the diner, she looks like she's about to tell me something.
"You know, it's been five days and you've been hanging out with Jess a lot," she says.

"Well, yeah, he's the only one I can spend time with now..." I shrug.

"I know, the thing is that it seems like you only spend time together when Luke and I are not around..."

"It just works out this way," I get defensive.

"I'm not insinuating anything, just...why don't you invite him over for one of our movie nights again? I always seem to arrive when he's leaving, and I wanna know him better."

"Uhm, sure! I'll check with him and tell you how that goes."

"Perfect!" she exclaims, glancing outside the window, "Isn't that your bus?"