Clara Doesn't Know Style

"𝐖𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒𝐄 𝐈𝐍 your garage?" Lane asks Lorelai, while we're walking on a sidewalk in front of Rory and I's previous high school

"Yes, in exchange for the promise that you never pose naked on Rolling Stone's cover, no matter how much trouble your career is in," Lorelai replies.

"I promise, I love you!" Lane lightly hugs Lor and turns to Rory "Do you know how amazing your mother is?"

"No. Tell her, would you? 'Cause she forgot this morning," Lorelai says.

"Because hot water's enjoyed by all, not just by you..." Rory replies offendedly.

"I wasn't in the shower that long..."

I look around searching for a new topic of conversation, and just now I'm noticing the Winter Carnival festival's big sign.
"Hey, it's Winter Carnival time again already!" I try to change the subject.

"Yep!" Lane replies looking down.

"Are you going?" Rory asks her.

"I have to...we're raising money for the marching band this year, mandatory booth-manning is involved."

"Man, Lane— Marching band, rock band..." Lorelai notes.

"Church choir," I add jokingly.

"Music is my life!" Lane exclaims excitedly.

Lorelai gets on her toes waving her right hand "Hi, Mrs. Kim!" she yells teasingly, pretending that Lane's mom's here so that she freaks out.

Lane immediately turns her head around, and when she sees nobody she rolls her eyes at Lor putting on an angry frown.
"So not funny!" she comments.

"Raising money for the marching band to do what?" I change the subject again.

"Oh, oh! Is it new uniforms?" Rory's eyes widen even thinking about this possibility.

"It's so that we can finally have letter carriers," Lane says ignoring what Rory said "For some reason the power that be thinks the reason we never win at competitions is because no one knows us. Not the fact that we suck...What's wrong with our uniforms?"

Lorelai quickly replies "Nothing."

"We look stupid," Lane frowns offended, then she turns to me "Right?"

"No..." I reply acting nonchalant.

"The plumes are too big, and it looks like big red fountains of blood spurting out of our heads."

"I— I love the uniforms!" Rory takes back what she previously said.

"It's bad enough I gotta be in the marching band without being mocked for what is mandatory for us to wear."