Finally Licit Affairs

𝐈 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐀 𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 the marathon's sign down, that actually makes me realize it's happened

My feet hurting aren't enough to acknowledge it, apparently.

"How you doing girls?" Mom glances over at us to make sure we're still walking.

"Pain" I manage to reply, it's the only thing I can think of.

"So much pain..." Susan groans but continues walking.

"We're walking, though! Still good..." Mom cheers us on.

"God! My feet have never hurt this much the day after the marathon!" I complain.

"That's cause you used to dance only for the first twelve hours or so..."

"Tell me again why we kept dancing?" I turn to Susan.

"Cause we're idiots!" she says, I can sense how much pain she is in by her tone.

I look to my left and there's a nice haystack right next to us "Gotta stop..." I state, already sitting.

"No! Then we'll know how comfortable it is and we're never gonna get up ever again!" Mom tries to stop us.

"Too late..." Susan replies sitting next to me.

"Well, might as well join you..."

I don't know what's gonna happen when I'll enter Luke's. I mean, Susan and Mom kinda know about what happened but I'm not sure that Jess would ever tell Luke.

"How far's Luke's?" Susan squints trying to figure out the distance between us and the diner.

"It's right over there..." Mom replies.

"It looks far."

"Let's get up girls, we need coffee more than anything right now."

"It hurts!!" I complain getting up.

"We'll get there, just keep walking" Mom gives us her hands to get us up.

When we're finally able to enter the diner, it's probably been fifteen minutes.
We sit on the stools in front of the counter and Luke comes to greet us.
"So, did you recover from yesterday?"

"No, I wanna bury myself and never have to walk again" I exhale deeply, hoping maybe the pain will leave my body along with the air I just exhaled.

"That's wonderful, but I need you this afternoon."

"No, c'mon! You know I'm not functioning!"

"Some coffee'll fix that," he says pouring us two cups of coffee "Pancakes coming right up," he says turning to Susan.

As I take a sip of my coffee, I see the curtain moving and Jess coming in from behind it.
When he opens his eyes, he notices I'm sitting right in front of him and kinda widens his eyes from the surprise.
"Hi."