Home Bittersweet Home

𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓 to be the most wonderful experience of Olive's life

Every time she'd visit a European country she'd fall in love with it just to get utterly, overwhelmingly bewitched by the next one.
She loved every bit of it, and during those three months, she only wished she could keep traveling without having to come back home.

Mostly because being back home meant two things:
One, having to pack and go to college, say goodbye to Stars Hollow, the diner, Susan, her mom, her grandparents, and Stars Hollow's biweekly festivals. Everything that came with living in that town, she was gonna miss it.

Two, coming to terms with being remembered of her past memories in town she'd chosen to forget. In three months she'd gotten comfortable enough with the thought of her and Jess being broken up, or, more so, she'd gotten used to it.

It was a habit now, she knew how to live with it without it being physically painful, or it being a screaming memory in the back of her head whose only purpose was to torture her.

She was now being driven back home on an Interstate Shuttle late at night, looking nice and tan. Her heavy backpack was painfully resting on one of her shoulders, she couldn't wait to throw it on the ground once back in her home.

Once the car stopped the three Quinn girls got off the car and sighed relievedly.
"And we're home," Olive announced.

"After a deadly slow drive, we are..." Amber replied annoyed at the pace of the van driver.

"It's better than that one in France, it smelled like a whole soccer team had been in there after a match," Susan shrugged, already picking her backpack back up to walk inside the house.

"Disgusting, don't make me relive it," Liv scrunched up her nose in disgust "I just want to unpack and go to bed."

"I'll unpack tomorrow," Susan said as she tried to fight back a yawn.

The girls padded their way to the entrance to their home.

"You won't unpack tomorrow, you're the laziest person ever."

"Then, you'll do it for me?"

"Yeah, pay me and I'll think about it," Liv scoffed "Just do it tonight, the sooner you do it the more relief you'll feel."

"I'm too tired to do it... Maman?" Sue turned to her mother with a sly smile, hoping she'd convince her to unpack her backpack.

"Nuh-huh, I'm unpacking first thing tomorrow morning... I'm tired too."

Olive twisted the key into the lock and opened the door "By tomorrow morning all your stuff will stink, do you want your clothes to stink?"