Crumpled-Up Hope

𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐖 𝐀 𝐂𝐔𝐓𝐄 black dress in her bag, she was going to visit Stars Hollow for the first time since she started college

"So, have you seen Scott since he asked you out?" Linda asked, lying on her bed.

"Nope, not yet at least, and he hasn't asked me out, we're just going out for coffee."

"Good, because writing Jess back, and going out with Scott all at the same time? It'd all be a little too much, right?"

"Yeah, I agree, even though— I told you, I wouldn't get back with Jess, not when he's still in an unstable situation."

"How do you feel? Going back home..."

"I don't know, I really wanna see Lorelai's reaction to Rory's new haircut!"

"Short hair's a really good look on her, she really looks like a college girl!" Lin said "

"I know, right? Though Lorelai won't think so, she was a big, big fan of her long hair."

"Does Rory know you replied to his letter yet?"

"Nope, I've been waiting to get home to tell her."

"What're you gonna do as soon as you get home?" Linda sat on her bag, which was nearly exploding, to close it.

"First of all, laundry— Then, I'm going to work a shift at the diner in the morning, and I'll probably just relax and have a movie night with my mom, Susan, and Max in the evening."

"You're gonna work? Really?" Linda's eyebrows shot up "You must really love it, huh?"

"I do, I miss it so much, you have no idea... Also, Luke told me he's not replacing me, so I can come back whenever."

"That's really sweet, you know?"

"I know, I think he should hire someone when I'm not there, though, there's only Caesar..."

"I think he will, sooner or later, he'll need a hand..."

"Yeah, yeah..." Olive nodded along.

"Has a reply from Jess come yet?" Linda changed the subject.

"It's only been two days, I don't think so, it has to get to California all the way from Connecticut... It usually isn't that fast."

"Do you think he'll reply?"

"I hope he will, I don't know if he's expecting a reply, or at least if he still is..."