Remember The Footsteps, Remember The Words Said

"𝐌𝐎𝐌, 𝐏𝐔𝐓 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 camera!" Olive shouted before running down the stairs

Susan and her mother shared a glance as Amber went "How did she know?"

"You're predictable..." Susan admitted.

Olive walked over to the ensemble of suitcases and bags sitting right before the entrance door. "Yeah, you are."

Before Olive could turn over to look at her mother, a light flashed in her eyes as she closed the last bag. "Mom!" she groaned.

"Ah! Gotcha!" she screamed "Come on! Don't be annoying! You looked so cute while closing that bag, and I deserve a daughter-leaving-for-college pic!"
Amber walked away, headed towards the kitchen to pack the snacks she'd prepared.

"Fine, fine, I'll let you keep it," she raised her hands in the air surrendering "I can't believe how much makeup I have now, it takes up half this backpack!"

"You can always leave some here," Susan suggested acting nonchalant.

Liv smiled and shook her head, making her previously curled hair swing from side to side "Nice try, you're too young for makeup."

Susan rolled her eyes but looked right back at her sister, her glance softened as it filled with nostalgia.
"I can't believe you're actually leaving..."

"Me neither, I don't even know how to do my own laundry and I'm going to live alone!" Liv admittedly replied.

"It's fine to come back to do it, you know, every once in a while."

"I'll definitely come back at the end of the week."

"I'm going to miss you, Liv," she stated.

Olive felt her heart melt at her words, meanwhile her stomach clenched at the thought of leaving.
She took a few steps forward and embraced her sister, knowing it sporadically happened, her voice somehow managed not to break as she spoke in her ear "Me too."

"So, you packed everything?" Susan looked at the pile of luggage.

"Yeah! CDs, records, my record player, stuffed animals, books— Clothes, obviously."

"Great, then what are we waiting for?"

Amber came back "I got off the phone with Lorelai half an hour ago, she said that they were leaving but I don't know what could take them so long."

"You said they're driving Luke's truck?" Olive remembered.

"Yeah, and so what?"

"Lorelai can't drive anything besides her Jeep! Of course, they're taking so long! Oh, we're going to be late and everybody will just look at us with judgy frowns!"

"It's fine, we'll just skip Luke's and drive right off, what's the big deal?" she shrugged.

"No, we can't skip Luke's! We've decided we'd have one last breakfast before Rory and I go off to college, we can't break a tradition!"