The Citizen Of The Month

"𝐈'𝐌 𝐒𝐎 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 this again! I wanna be able to go to Luke's freely!" I scream in my mom's face, running down the stairs with my Christmas socks on

"I need to help out Lorelai again, her father is in town" my mom explains trying to save a sweet tone in her words.

"I can't even have an option, can I?" I reply sighing.

"You are gonna be rewarded, I promise" she replies with a pout on her face.

"Fine." I snatch the money from her hands and walk away angrily.
What just happened was my mom asking me to go grocery shopping for her again but once again I'm gonna stop by Luke's diner first, hoping to run into Jess.

I get ready, grab a book playing my game, and close the door behind me when I exit, I keep walking watching my feet squeeze every little rock, every bird feather, and every leaf that has remained on the road.

"Good morning Quinn, how're you doing today?" I hear his voice call out from behind a tree.

"You're gonna have to stop doing this creepy thing where you follow me and then greet me without me knowing about your presence, it freaks me out" I warn him.

"Fine, what're you reading?" he says pointing at my back pocket.

I slip the book out and check the title, 'Sense and Sensibility'. Damn it.

"You bought another Jane Austen book? I didn't even know you finished Pride and Prejudice" he says.

"That's cause I didn't" I shrug, he looks confused.

"And you're reading Sense and Sensibility because..." he starts expecting me to finish his sentence.

"I chose it with my little game and I left Pride and Prejudice somewhere at your and Luke's place" I complete his phrase.

"Right, your game," he says nodding "Well we got work this afternoon, you can search for it upstairs if there aren't many clients and you do it quickly".

"That would be great, thanks," I say slipping the book back in "By the way, I'm going grocery shopping again, do you wanna come with me?" I ask him.

"Sure" he nods speeding up to catch up with me.

"Soo, how's everything going?" he asks me.

"Pretty well, even though I'm so sleepy that I still have my Christmas socks on, tonight we're having a movie night with the Gilmore girls, oh! That reminds me, we're gonna have to stop at the movie store to rent one" I reply.