Sock-Puppet Show

"𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐊𝐈𝐑𝐊, 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 can I help you with?" I ask him

I stand behind the counter, Kirk is holding a giant cardboard box that looks heavy.
"Well, I was wondering if I could interest you in a piece of my brand-new creations."

"Which are?"

"Daily printed t-shirts, they change every day."

"Nice!"

"I know, every day there'll be a sentence about what I saw happening."

"What's today's sentence then?"

Kirk gets a black t-shirt out of the box and holds it in front of me so I can read it.
I see the words "Babette ate oatmeal" written across it.

"Wow! You can really picture her, eating oatmeal. Right?"

"Are you interested in buying one?" Kirk gets straight to the point.
Before I can find a way to politely tell him no, Luke gets in the way and sees Kirk's new inventions.

"What are these?" Luke points at the box full of Kirk's t-shirts.

"These are part of my latest moneymaking endeavor, printed t-shirts featuring a humorous topical headline of something I witnessed around town. They're fourteen ninety-five, how many can I put you down for?"

"No solicitors, Kirk," Luke states.

"How about I give you a discount?"

"How about I toss the shirts out the door first so you can have something to land on?"

"Got it."
Kirk picks up the box and walks away to his table, leaving the box on a chair next to him.

"Unbelievable, he already works most of the part-time jobs in town! How does he not have enough money?" Luke complains.

"I know, but he's probably gonna find out on his own how much of a bad idea those shirts are."

"I hope so..." Luke scoffs as he scans me and spots my apron's pockets I made sew on it a few years ago "Clean up those pockets, it's a mess in there!" he scolds me.

"My pockets, my mess!"

"Why did you get those sewed on anyway? We always hang our orders up in the kitchen."

"Because pockets are comfortable, boss, everyone knows that!"

"They're not when you stuff them with crumpled-up pieces of paper!"

"I like keeping the orders on which I wrote the words all tidily and nicely!"

"I don't care, you gotta clean them up."

"But I still won't," I singsong.
I turn my head to the table Kirk's occupied and notice his boxes have been laid on it as if showcasing his merchandise.
I eye Kirk and then give Luke a "look-over-there" look.